Ghost stories from where you grew up

I grew up on the arbourthorne estate but went to school at newfield in norton in i remember a few ghost stories from my younger days was intrested in what ghost stories you all had where you all grew up

The main two i remember was the white lady in Buck Woods it was roumered she walked down the gennel towards you on a summer evening down towards daresbury rd side can anyone remember this ?

Also the story of the headless highwayman in bunting nook next to graves park who was supposed to be seen jumping over the wall on horseback in to graves park.

I remember many a night going ghost hunting in these places and one night in particular where i saw the4 white lady although it could have just been the i had consumed earlier that night but whatever it was i remember being scared sensless.:D

• 2 months later...

bloody ell where do i start? lol

there used to be a row of houses in the process of being knocked down by the top of the railway embankment on the lane opposite the junction pub at woodhouse, one of the houses was meant to be haunted, and us kids made a den in the atic of one of the houses, you had to climb through a hole in another house to get to it, one day we were in it and we all so a ghostly figure slowly go past the hole........and just disappeared, we never got out of that house so fast.

up station road at woodhouse theres an old school on the right hand side just up from the little police station, that was meant to be haunted

so was the school (woodhouse grammer) / community centre, the bell tower was meant to have the ghost of a headless man who got his head knocked off by the bell lol

in treeton woods there used to be an old house, which was meant to be haunted, those woods were scary when nearing dark anyway lol

once went tripping on acid at about 3 int he morning in cemetary road cemetary lol, me and mi mate bet each other to run around the old church, we did it, then spent an hour staring at some tin foil on the ground lol

when i lived on holtwood road at pitsmoor there was a couple

the buliding in abbeyfield park was supposed to be haunted with a figure in the windows, so we went tripping int he park to investigate lol, dint see owt.

the house we lived in overlooked the graveyard behind and was supposed to be haunted in the atic, one day we all went out leaving a mate in his room, when we came back he was downstairs and wouldnt go back into his room, said there was banging and stuff in the atic

I was brought up in Grenoside Whitely Lane was suppose to have a headless horse man who was executed to keep him quiet about Mary queen of scotts staying at Whitley Hall. Another was holly House farm at the top of grenoside which was suppose to be very haunted.

Archived