No money? £60 billion in golden handshakes.

Of course the Govt do it, they want to divide the people and get the ones in work thinking everyone unemployed is a scrounger and claiming thousands in benefits. I noticed the other day when Cameron was talking ending pay offs for the bankers they never mentioned MPs losing their golden goodbye when they lose their seat.The Tories really are the nasty party as far as the working man is concerned.

Sorry I must have missed the ousted Labour MP's handing their payments back after the last election...

Which one? ....

Well it was in the Daily Mail, figure quoted was definately £60 Billion, (also in the Telegraph and Daily Star.)

"Taxpayers have been billed more than 60 Billion to fund staff from the eight Regional Development agencies which were finally scrapped last month" was a direct quote. I thought it was a huge sum which was why it caught my eye.

If it's correct it must surely be a redundancy figure for all staff. If there's anybody on here who used to work for them perhaps they could enlighten us.

It's still one hell of a figure.

Well it was in the Daily Mail, figure quoted was definately £60 Billion, (also in the Telegraph and Daily Star.)

"Taxpayers have been billed more than 60 Billion to fund staff from the eight Regional Development agencies which were finally scrapped last month" was a direct quote. I thought it was a huge sum which was why it caught my eye.

If it's correct it must surely be a redundancy figure for all staff. If there's anybody on here who used to work for them perhaps they could enlighten us.

It's still one hell of a figure.

I can't believe that redundancy payments for quangos would run into billions..if it does you have to ask how many people worked for them and who set them on in the first place..

Frmn the Telegraph...

"Final accounts for the RDAs show a total redundancy bill of £61.2 million for more than 1,800 staff including senior officers. "

I can't believe that redundancy payments for quangos would run into billions..if it does you have to ask how many people worked for them and who set them on in the first place..

Frmn the Telegraph...

"Final accounts for the RDAs show a total redundancy bill of £61.2 million for more than 1,800 staff including senior officers. "

I'll be watching very carefully for a retraction in the Daily Mail.

I've emailed Daily Mail to see if this figure is correct. We'll see if I get a reply.

However it doesn't negate my original point which is that pay-offs of nearly half a million each is too much for unelected quango individuals to receive for simply doing their jobs.

"A spokeperson said the pay-offs had to be put in context against the 200 million a year the RDAs spent on administration."

So that's all right then...

I've emailed Daily Mail to see if this figure is correct. We'll see if I get a reply.

However it doesn't negate my original point which is that pay-offs of nearly half a million each is too much for unelected quango individuals to receive for simply doing their jobs.

"A spokeperson said the pay-offs had to be put in context against the 200 million a year the RDAs spent on administration."

So that's all right then...

They havn't received it for doing their jobs - they received it for their jobs being removed from them unexpectedly early.

Anyone that read the articles properly would have seen the actual figure of £61.2 million in the text of the article below the paragraph with the obvious misprint.

It seems that The Telegraph was guilty of some lazy copying from The Mail?

Archived