No money? £60 billion in golden handshakes.

It's the way the system works and there's nothing you can do to change it. Why do you seem to spend most of your time on here getting yourself wound up about things you can't change?

Life's not fair. Some people get more money than others without deserving it. Just accept it!

It's the fact I can't change it that gets me so worked up.

But surely if enough people get worked up about it, it might change.

Look at Bob Diamond; he's was asked to resign by Barcleys largely because of negative public opinion.

Guest sibon
It's the fact I can't change it that gets me so worked up.

But surely if enough people get worked up about it, it might change.

Look at Bob Diamond; he's was asked to resign by Barcleys largely because of negative public opinion.

You can do some things.

For starters, you can shift your personal banking to a mutual. That is a move that is becoming more common. If enough of us do it, there will be no need for legislation to reform the banks, they will do it themselves.

Don't buy from the tax dodgers either and shout about it too. Boots wil come to heel if it sees its core market dwindling. So will the others.

Above all, keep on thinking, researching and posting. Information is power and ultimately all of the people who draw these excessive salaries will fall. One by one, you can watch them go and cheer whilst it happens. It is for the common good.

Archived