Islamic Clerics Call on Egypt to Destroy Great Pyramids

So much for the 'Arab Spring' improving things...

Incidently, the Christians did a fine job of defacing many of the Egyptian Gods in the Egyptian Temples such as Karnak. But that was over 1,000 years ago.

I Pity the Christian minorities in Egypt , and any where else in the brave new Islamic world. Pity the Christians in Saudi- Arabia , who , at this very moment , are having their churches burnt down around their ears.. Mubarak was bad, the lot who will replace him will be immeasurably worse. When will the liberal- lefties get the message ?

Interesting and alarming. If the fanatic wing of the fanatic wing want to do this I can't imagine they'll be allowed to. I suspect the masses and the army would bar them. If they did then their biggest source of income would be gone in a flash ruining the economy. In fact it will be interesting to see how many tourists want to go there in future now the brotherhood is in power.

"

I think there's a good chance of a civil war in Egypt at some point. There's also going to be economic collapse - and the madder the Egyptian administration becomes ,the less money will be flowing in from the US.

In some ways, this is necessary growing pains in an "emerging democracy".

In other ways, we may well see the sort of bloodshed in Egypt that we saw in Iraq, as factions fight it out. Even though it won't be so easy to pin the blame on us, you can be sure that "the West" (and of course "the Jews") will be thought to be the cause of the problem in Egypt.

Well, at least it will keep them busy for a while!:D

Ali bin Said al-Rabi'i and the other idiots calling for this really don't have a clue just what a job of work it would involve to dismantle the pyramids.

I think all the clerics who would like to see the pyramids destroyed should be given a bucket and spade and told to get on with it.

:hihi:

Ali bin Said al-Rabi'i and the other idiots calling for this really don't have a clue just what a job of work it would involve to dismantle the pyramids.
"Dismantle"? Since when have militant islamists 'dismantled' anything? Surely you jest!

'tis likely work for their legions of suicide bombers, dont'cha know :D

Would the international community just stand by and allow them to destroy the pyramids?
I cannot believe you are even in doubt about that - of course it would just stand by! :|

The pyramids would be reduced to itsy-bitsy bits of rubble by hand, by the time the UN sanctioned actual intervention, never mind found an army or coalition interested in splurging more taxpayers' €$£ to save some geometrical stacks of stones in someone else's garden (wherein there is precious little in the way of natural gas or oil, let it be said).

As daft as these clerics appear, even they probably know this all too well.

In hindsight, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was a calculated move to try and provoke the West into intervention.

Archived