Islamic Clerics Call on Egypt to Destroy Great Pyramids

It was a serious question... in a way those pyramids dont just belong to Egypt, they're important monuments of human history.
This is the real world, not Hollywood: show me a President or Premier likely to commit troops and khaki stuff (and associated daily cost runing into hundreds of $m, not to mention associated political ball-and-chain) to 'save' the pyramids from their compatriots.

Do you really think Obama would? Or Cameron? Or (snigger) Hollande? Or Merkel? Their nations are all spent after years of Iraq and Afghanistan (and Lybia now), and their populations won't take much more much longer. Lesson learned, the Syrians will have to make do with consignment of weapons, but there won't be troops or humvees, mark my words.

Moreover, as symbolic as the pyramids are...what would be in it for the said President or Premier or his/her country? ;)

This is the real world, not Hollywood: show me a President or Premier willing and wanting to commit troops and khaki stuff (and associated daily cost runing into hundreds of $m, not to mention associated political ball-and-chain) to 'save' the pyramids from their compatriots ;)

I've corrected the spelling of monuments in my post, would you correct it for me in your quote of said post please? :)

This is the real world, not Hollywood: show me a President or Premier likely to commit troops and khaki stuff (and associated daily cost runing into hundreds of $m, not to mention associated political ball-and-chain) to 'save' the pyramids from their compatriots.

Do you really think Obama would? Or Cameron? Or (snigger) Hollande? Or Merkel? Their nations are all spent after years of Iraq and Afghanistan (and Lybia now), and their populations won't take much more much longer. Lesson learned, the Syrians will have to make do with consignment of weapons, but there won't be troops or humvees, mark my words.

Moreover, as symbolic as the pyramids are...what would be in it for the said President or Premier or his/her country? ;)

Perhaps Thomas Cook would fund an invasion.

Perhaps it would simply show the "religion of peace" in it's true light?

They ("they" being another set of extreme Muslim nutters) have turned over a couple UN heritage sites at Timbuktu. Made the news but little else.

If they do knock em down I wonder if a stargate is under one them :hihi:

So basically, some bloke in Bahrain said a thing.

The president of Egypt isn't interested in what the bloke said. If you are going to lump Mursi in with this fanatic, take the time to explain why Mursi is including Christians and women in his cabinet.

Perhaps Thomas Cook would fund an invasion.

I wonder whether you could talk the Master of Bruce into doing something about it? - Speak to him nicely and you might be able to persuade him to bring the pyramids to Scotland and park them near Dunfermline.

It would probably be good for tourism. ;)

After all, his family do have a reputation for 'borrowing' things from the Near East.:hihi:

Archived