Anyone having problems with their O2 network today?

Just to clarify. It's NOT a signal issue. It's to do with the SIM registration software.

This happened to some other a few weeks ago, including myself. There been a failure in the software and a bunch of SIM cards are being rejected from logging onto the network.

Efforts are being made to manually re-attach those SIM cards to the network as well as fixing the issue with the software. Unfortunately this method takes time.

Ironically those that had this issue 2 weeks ago aren't affected.

I haven't had a signal all day.

Not in Leicester, not in Nottingham, not in Sheffield.

My friends in Huddersfield, Glasgow and London also have no phone signals.

I have a new sim, so it isn't that.

O2 are just. Crap.

I haven't had a signal all day.

Not in Leicester, not in Nottingham, not in Sheffield.

My friends in Huddersfield, Glasgow and London also have no phone signals.

I have a new sim, so it isn't that.

O2 are just. Crap.

Yes it is related to your SIM. It's age isn't a factor. In fact newer SIM are the ones most likely affected. It's not a fault with the SIM card itself, just the software that controls the login at the O2 server

I spoke directly to an engineer when I had the issue and I've spoke to O2 on my sister's behalf who stated it's the same issue, in fact he was startled that I knew as much as I did.

I've had a full signal all day (apart from when I popped into Sainsbury's, but I never do in there.

Those of us that had the issue a few weeks back seemingly aren't affected this time, I'm going under the assumption that since our SIMs have already been patched on to the system that we're still able to connect.

O2 are far from crap, I wouldn't have stuck with a crap network for 9 years.

Now pick up your toys and put them back in your pram. :roll:

My bad, I thought you were suggesting that it was just PAYG affected.

Ah right, yeah I can see how it read that way. No I meant it can't just be pay monthly sims, because that's what I've got and I'm fine. It seems to be pretty across the board.

Archived