Farming minister doesn't know the price of milk

Do you know the price of a pint of milk?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know the price of a pint of milk?

• Yes, I buy it.
    • Yes, but I don't buy it.
    • No, I don't buy it.
    • No, but I buy it.

Doesn't it depend where you buy it from...?

It depends how many million litres you buy. AFAIK, there aren't many milk buyers and processors; their prices are driven by the supermarkets, the UK customers pay a (comparatively) high price for milk and the farmers get a very low price.

I live in a dairy-farming area (at this time of year.) The farmers are unhappy with the price they get for their milk - but they get rather more (certainly as a percentage of the retail price) than do farmers in the UK. If it's rough for the farmers where I live, how the hell do the British dairy farmers survive?

Is the government interested?

I'm not privy to the present government's plans (AFAIK, they aren't daft enough to publish them :hihi:)

The last government had a very cunning plan - even more cunning than the cunning plans founded on cunningness which I've mentioned before!

In the event of a national food shortage, they were going to get the food from Tesco! (I kid you not!:hihi::hihi:)

Neither the last government or this one seems to be capable of supplying jobs. That's life.

If the government - any government - can't supply food, that's death.

But whose?

Archived