G4S cant secure Olympics

I think the problem was the requirement that the guards were able to speak English. How would you go about finding 10,000 people in London who can speak English?
The problem is the (SIA) requirement to vet these 10,000 people in time, and to me it sounds like G4S did not factor in enough of an 'attrition' rate (english-speaking may be fine, but if the background check cannot be completed, the applicant has to be rejected) and/or did not start early enough/dedicate sufficient resources to overcome this hurdle: to 'make' those 10.000, they probably needed to find and screen double that, if not more. However big/resourced G4S are, this was, and remains, a positively daunting task.

You'd be surprised how many "black holes" a day-for-day background check over a period of 5 years uncovers, in many an applicant's past, and which cannot be satisfactorily explained/clarified/checked out. More frequently the case for those with an arabic-/middle eastern-/asian-sounding name and, no, I'm not talking about clink time either.

They let the 9/11 terrorists on the planes with stanley knives.They daily breach the Security Industry Act. The security industry reps offered to set up a new joint venture company in 2007 where all resources would be pooled. LOCOG turned them down preferring to go with these clowns. This is a bad company and our local football teams should not use them.

G4S is not just security either. I know of one company that was doing a long standing project for a government agency. It was successful in the delivery year after year.

Then suddenly it lost the contract to G4S, who have since fouled it up.

Lord John Reid, when Home Secretary in 2008, for Labour, signed the G4S contract for the Olympics.

Some months later he left government and became a Group Consultant for G4S.

Yet again, we see the merry go round of politicians or Govt employees giving contracts to big business and then going to work for them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No doubt this will be ignored by our left leaning friends.

But find a link where a Tory does this and they'll be screaming the roof down.

I wonder if that's why Northern Star couldn't/wouldn't answer my post #95 properly..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ No doubt this will be ignored by our left leaning friends.

But find a link where a Tory does this and they'll be screaming the roof down.

Its time our left & right leaning friends had a good look at the way our country is governed by these parasites and kick them all bloody out.

Who contracted G4S to do the job? Genuine question...

To repeat so no one ignores this.....

Lord John Reid, when Home Secretary in 2008, for Labour, signed the G4S contract for the Olympics.

To repeat so no one ignores this.....

Are you sure about that? John Reid resigned as Home Secretary in 2007.

Archived