G4S cant secure Olympics

Public outrage is growing, I don't think G4S will be getting much work any longer.

We're starting to see a change - where public opinion and outrage finally matters. Natwest are panicing they're going to lose customers, Barclays, RBS and Ulster Bank also.

Public outrage is growing, I don't think G4S will be getting much work any longer.

We're starting to see a change - where public opinion and outrage finally matters. Natwest are panicing they're going to lose customers, Barclays, RBS and Ulster Bank also.

So they change their name to S4E or 34S and start again.

Where's Tony when you need him to tell everyone that the Private sector is intrinsically better and more cost effective than the public sector...except of course when they fluck up and have to be bailed out by the government.

This isn't a political point, because all parties want to shed costs by getting private companies to run services...but the profit motive will always mean that money is diverted from service to profit. It's the nature of the beast. And when they fail (railways, breast implants, olympic security) they get the security blanket of the public sector.

Isnt anyone concerned that Sheffield City Council, Rotherham United, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are now using G4S?

This is the company that alowed the 9/11 terrorists on the planes with Stanley Knives on them. It has a history of failure and, according to the posts above bungs ex Home secretaries.

Why do our local institutions use them in preference to local reputable companies?

Are there are few brown envelopes we should know about?

So if the Owls are using them will they be called G-Massive S?

Isnt anyone concerned that Sheffield City Council, Rotherham United, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday are now using G4S?

This is the company that alowed the 9/11 terrorists on the planes with Stanley Knives on them. It has a history of failure and, according to the posts above bungs ex Home secretaries.

Why do our local institutions use them in preference to local reputable companies?

Are there are few brown envelopes we should know about?

Like who, Shaun Doyle? G4S are reputable, the problem is in the tendering process and the fact that Governments/councils etc will always want a cheap option - even if it all goes tits up and they need to be bailed out afterwards.

Like I said, he resigned as the Home Secretary in June of 2007. How could he have signed the contract in 2008, if that was the case?

Some confusion I think.

G4S provided security from 2008 for securing the Olympic construction site.

The contract for security for the games was awarded to G4S in 2011

Two different contracts.

Some confusion I think.

G4S provided security from 2008 for securing the Olympic construction site.

The contract for security for the games was awarded to G4S in 2011

Two different contracts.

But still nowt to do with someone who resigned as Home Secretary in 2007 :confused:

He could have signed the contract for security for the building site in 2007? At a guess.

Maybe i got the date wrong. 2007 or 2008. If Reid didnt sign the deal (and it is all over twitter, which i concur doesnt make it true, that he did) then who did? I cant find a single MSM article on this....which bewilders me.

Maybe i got the date wrong. 2007 or 2008. If Reid didnt sign the deal (and it is all over twitter, which i concur doesnt make it true, that he did) then who did? I cant find a single MSM article on this....which bewilders me.

It was signed in 2011. Please read this release. It explains everything and clears any confusion.

http://careers.g4s.com/2011/03/g4s-wins-olympic-contract/

G4S, the international security solutions group, today announces that G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited (G4S UK) has become the Official Security Services Provider and tier three sponsor of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games following the appointment made by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG)

Archived