G4S cant secure Olympics

While we're still kicking the boot into G4S:

A convicted child rapist smuggled a knife into Liverpool Crown Court and threatened to kill himself in the dock.

The Courts Service said Mark Jarrett, 43, from Wigan, had passed a metal detector operated by security firm G4S when he arrived at court on Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-18904287

did they put the batteries in ? its almost as good as them tagging a offenders false leg :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I wouldn't see it working like that. If a private company can do a better job there is no reason for it not to be involved. What we shouldn't have is whole services privatised because it just doesn't offer either a better or cheaper service. Eventually the service is hijacked for profit and does not deliver as it should. The public gains no benefit. It's a case of bringing in the right partners, maintaining at least 51% control and blackballing organisations that have a proven predatory track record.

There's no point in being dogmatic about it. Some non-government organisations can do a brilliant job and should be allowed to profit when they do decent work that benefits us all.

Oh right, perhaps I should be your Dentist? I have no skills, but hey, don't let that stand in the way of profit. That emergency extraction you wanted, I can fit you in in 18 months time. By the way that's £70,000 please, care to pay up front?

Oh right, perhaps I should be your Dentist? I have no skills, but hey, don't let that stand in the way of profit. That emergency extraction you wanted, I can fit you in in 18 months time. By the way that's £70,000 please, care to pay up front?

I think you're misunderstanding. Private sector partners in public service delivery do not need to make excessive profits - if they are seen to be predatory in that respect they should get blackballed. They should enhance the service not destroy it. And they should never be allowed to take complete control of a service. But I've got no problem with some profit taking if the service is good and we still get value for money.

I think you're misunderstanding. Private sector partners in public service delivery do not need to make excessive profits - if they are seen to be predatory in that respect they should get blackballed. They should enhance the service not destroy it. And they should never be allowed to take complete control of a service. But I've got no problem with some profit taking if the service is good and we still get value for money.
not knocking your post here but have you seen how the likes of veolia,kier,capita operate in our own fair city ?

That might be true.

But why are MPs involved? It was they who invented LOCOG as a vehicle for the olympic farrago- so what's it to do with them?

Stop talking sense! I think it's known as 'passing the buck'. Whatever their fault, the G4S boss was subjected to ignorant and unprofessional abuse at this 'inquiry'. The idea is to find out what went wrong, not become 'holier than thou', but Vaz has built an entire career from deflecting criticism from his own (often lamentable, sometimes criminal) performances.

I found out this morning that some of the "troops" to be used are not run of the mill soldiers but very skilled personnel (can't really name names for obvious reasons).

What a disgusting waste of professional talent. Some of these soldiers are on rest leave at the moment and have been called up to guard the Olympics, when they should be resting prior to their next trip to some middle eastern hell hole (looking increasingly like Syria as the day progresses).

So, they can't get 10,000 people to work as guards? 300million quid divided by 10,000=30,000 Gee, for 30k for a couple of weeks work, I'd do it, anyone else in?

30k for a couple of weeks work........ get real more like minimum wage p/h and the bosses take the profits

30k for a couple of weeks work........ get real more like minimum wage p/h and the bosses take the profits

It's a tad more complicated than that. Training takes time. Logistics (transport,digs etc) takes money. According to the g4s gaffers grilling security guards got a sia(?) licence and £8 an hour.

Management to get £57million bonus.

Archived