G4S cant secure Olympics

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iqpvbeBHdR4DRvh6K2yLQk7NgRaQ?docId=N0168511342160662322A

According to this article. G4S are providing 10,400 security staff at a cost of 284,000,000.

This works out at a rate of £27,307 per person! Is it me, or is this one hell of a lot of money for what amounts to a temporary 6 week or so job? I'll bet the staff don't recieve anything like that. Probaably only minimum wage and maybe the kudos of working at the olympics.

Course you're not missing anything. This is how the UK is run nowadays - incompetence and corruption. And, as one or two have suggested, can you imagine the ****-up if we just took people off the dole queue and expected them to turn into 'security' (with a couple of weeks training.)

The crime is that companies like G4S got the contract in the first place. Who's in charge of parking? Excel? And who will be giving 'job advice' when the volunteers are finished? A4e?

Still, I'm glad Jowell/Coe told us it would only cost £2.37Bn. Or should that be £24Bn. That's got to be worth an honour...

The top honcho who is organising the games got a knighthood in the last round for organising the games. So if it all goes tits up he's already got his gong.

The people who run verything in this country are incompetent, politicians of every flavour, businesses and banks, right down to your local councils, public services, education, the lot ..... why ?

The country and everything in it is run on bull that's why, those who spout the most bull get the furthest, that's why contracts like that are won and the service is not delivered !

No surprise at all.

The people who run verything in this country are incompetent, politicians of every flavour, businesses and banks, right down to your local councils, public services, education, the lot ..... why ?

The country and everything in it is run on bull that's why, those who spout the most bull get the furthest, that's why contracts like that are won and the service is not delivered !

No surprise at all.

So the only way to rise to the top is to get results in the worst possible way?

So the only way to rise to the top is to get results in the worst possible way?

Thats not what I posted, is that how you interpret it ?

Let me make it simple, the bull is saying you can do something when you can't, it's endemic in this country :D

Archived