G4S cant secure Olympics

I can't help feeling that A4e have missed a massive trick here. As is apparent, A4e is utterly failing in its 'outcomes' - i.e. getting people into work. The only thing they've ever pushed are 'jobs' for fork-lift drivers and SIA (Security industry, failed bouncers at Cavendish Court etc.)

Now as A4e and G4S are extremely similar in that they've been reliant on getting vast contracts due to political incompetence and backhanders, they should have been in discussions long ago.

G4S get an army of illiterate, slovenly idiots to guard the Olympics, A4e can brag they've 'met their outcomes' and the politicians who've been involved in all this can claim they've done 'a good job'.

Job done! (Can I become a politician, please?)

I can't help feeling that A4e have missed a massive trick here. As is apparent, A4e is utterly failing in its 'outcomes' - i.e. getting people into work. The only thing they've ever pushed are 'jobs' for fork-lift drivers and SIA (Security industry, failed bouncers at Cavendish Court etc.)

Now as A4e and G4S are extremely similar in that they've been reliant on getting vast contracts due to political incompetence and backhanders, they should have been in discussions long ago.

G4S get an army of illiterate, slovenly idiots to guard the Olympics, A4e can brag they've 'met their outcomes' and the politicians who've been involved in all this can claim they've done 'a good job'.

A4e are licking it's wounds and riding on a wave of diversion from this total ****-up, I very much doubt they want to be associated with G4S at the moment.

What a shock, G4S have admitted they cannot supply suficient staff to secure Olympics. As a result the Army will have to make up the slack.

What a crap company they are. Good enough for Sheff U and Rotherham though.

Group 4, they should have known they needed about six.:huh:

Doubt it, I would lower my sights to one of the G4S vacancies if I were you!;)

On the positive side, I've got slightly more confidence in the ability of the army to detect bombs and terrorists, if what we've read about the G4S training in the papers over the last couple of days is to be believed. The fact that G4S failed to supply the required number of workers may turn out to be a good thing.

On the positive side, I've got slightly more confidence in the ability of the army to detect bombs and terrorists, if what we've read about the G4S training in the papers over the last couple of days is to be believed. The fact that G4S failed to supply the required number of workers may turn out to be a good thing.

A very good thing considering that a number hired by g4s don't speak fluent english according to the BBC.

G4S also install electricity meters,they offer a 40 hour a week minimum hours contract.

I.E you get paid for 40 hours no matter how many hours a week you work,a pal of mine worked for them for 3 months and it averaged out at 56 hours a week,with the longest week he had being 86 hours.

Now if you divide the 18k annual salary down from those types of hours I would suggest its a lot lower than the minimum wage.(they offer a bonus that they say makes up the shortfall,but apparently it comes well short)

Another man I know had a week with them and worked a 20hour day and was paid for 8hours, and when he rang and grumbled about it he was told Oh,its just part of your week. He resigned.

They are constantly advertising for meter engineers for some reason.

Would YOU want to work for a company like this?

Question 2 on the G4S application form is (translated from the arabic version):

2. Are you connected with any terrorist organisation? [yes/no]

Question 2 on the G4S application form is (translated from the arabic version):

2. Are you connected with any terrorist organisation? [yes/no]

Knowing what a dumb organisation G4S is, It wouldn't surprise me in the least

if a positive answer to the the above question still failed to act as a necessary filter!

Archived