G4S cant secure Olympics

They are apparently going the be billed by the government for breaching their contract.

So the cost to draft the army in will be billed to G4S, so the news has said today.

I'll believe it when I see it. And to think the government want to put private companies like the G4S numpties, who put profit before anyone/anything else, in charge of vital services like the NHS. If these clowns were in the public sector people would be howling for blood by now, so why haven't these idiots been given the boot?

I'll believe it when I see it. And to think the government want to put private companies like the G4S numpties, who put profit before anyone/anything else, in charge of vital services like the NHS. If these clowns were in the public sector people would be howling for blood by now, so why haven't these idiots been given the boot?

This lot have cocked it up big time and if the government (or who ever) are going to bill them - great. It's cost them in other ways too - surrey police force has decided not to accept their bid to run their back offices.

But as far as the olympics are concerned, with 14 days left we're stuck with them, no matter how much howling goes on (havent you noticed the howling - the press are going ape, just as much as they would over a public sector **** up. )

Do you think there are no clowns in the public sector, it suffers from the same incompetence that is rife throughout this country .... I'm repeating myself now !

So the gross incompetent at the top of G4S is "sorry" is he? Can anyone explain to me why the media aren't demanding he shouldn't resign immediately. God knows they've hounded enough others out of a job over the years. What's so special about this muppet?

What other government contracts do G4S have? Presumably when they come up for renewal, G4S WON'T be on the tender list for them?

Several heads need to roll over this farce.

I think you get hung up about public v private, I think you should differentiate betwen good and bad. There are, like G4S and A4E that are clearly bad. They should not be used. There are also bad underperforming aspects of the public service. There are equally good ones.

My nephew is a senior cop in the Merseyside force. He has a responsibility for supervising the searching of vehicles and pedestrians at the Grand National. Apparently G4s do the searching of about half and a South Yorkshire Firm Constant do the other. He has told me that the standards of our local firm are massively higher than G4S.

So matbe the smaller local service providers should be used rather than these pinstriped snake oil salesmen that infest firms like G4S and A4E.

Curiously the vast majority of companies providing services for or involved in construction etc... for the Olympics are not allowed to advertise their involvement.

G4S were allowed to publicise their involvement. No doubt a job well done by them would have helped tremendously in building acceptance for their takeover of policing services. This was intended as a (politicised) stepping stone towards privatisation of our police.

Thank god they screwed it up. That said it still probably won't prevent the Tories from trying to hand over policing to G4S.

Archived