G4S cant secure Olympics

Maybe they didn't understand English?....Or maybe they're paying a pittance in wages?

I saw someone who was supposedly being trained in a supervisory capacity for sucurity at the games. They interviewed him, and he could hardly string more than 2 words together, and in the interview, I couldn't understand a word he said. If that's the calibre of their staff then god help us. They did say at the end of the interview that G4S said that the person interviewed would not be on the front line and interacting with the public!

Maybe it says something about the calibre of some of the people G4S are recruiting?

Exactly!! :rant:

Just watched Theresa May fielding questions whilst appearing to bite back on her tears over the laughing stock that G4S has shown itself to be.

Can't help but think that she should go and G4S should have all government contracts revoked asap - what a sham, pure comedy value only.

Maybe there needs to be an Olympic Fiasco Megathread. I read earlier on the BBC about a US 400 metres hurdler who tweated about his coach to the Olympic village getting lost for 4 hours on the way.

Maybe his coach went by train; or his trainer went by coach?

Why would people who applied for jobs and were successful then decide not to turn up?

Possibly because they find out what a bunch of useless plonkers they would be working for.

BTW remember if you are a football fan its G4S who will be in charge at Wednesday, United and Rotherham next season. They have undercut the local South Yorkshire firms.

Just watched Theresa May fielding questions whilst appearing to bite back on her tears over the laughing stock that G4S has shown itself to be.

Can't help but think that she should go and G4S should have all government contracts revoked asap - what a sham, pure comedy value only.

I dont see why she should resign, she has been lied to time after time by this sinister yet incompetent outfit. I agree she should see to it that they lose all their government work.

I dont see why she should resign, she has been lied to time after time by this sinister yet incompetent outfit. I agree she should see to it that they lose all their government work.

She has failed to adequately monitor G4S, two laughable problems so far and no doubt there are more ****-ups to come; this follows a series of disgraceful episodes by the home secretary including the Abu Qatada incident when she failed to understand the protocol on getting the man deported, not to mention the demoralisation and undermining of our police force.

The women doesn't seem to be in control, and the house of commons shouldn't be the place for tears it was embarrassing to watch; I did feel sorry for her, the pressure must be immense but tears doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in her ability.

She has failed to adequately monitor G4S, two laughable problems so far and no doubt there are more ****-ups to come; this follows a series of disgraceful episodes by the home secretary including the Abu Qatada incident when she failed to understand the protocol on getting the man deported, not to mention the demoralisation and undermining of our police force.

The women doesn't seem to be in control, and the house of commons shouldn't be the place for tears it was embarrassing to watch; I did feel sorry for her, the pressure must be immense but tears doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in her ability.

Yes we were so much better off with Jaquie Smith.

Archived