Would you be miffed at 90% sewerage charges if you were a green nut?

Well if you had a sceptic tank then presumably you wouldn't pay any sewerage charge anyway! (although, now I think about it, that only accounts for the toilet waste :roll:)

I'm not disputing what you say, but is it fact or speculation?

We have a septic tank where all our waste water, gutter water and all household water goes into it we also have 50metre buried dranage pipe which takes off excess water.

We pay no sewerage charges only basic water charges

We have a septic tank where all our waste water, gutter water and all household water goes into it we also have 50metre buried dranage pipe which takes off excess water.

We pay no sewerage charges only basic water charges

Ah. So the cost is avoidable...'theoretically' :)

As far as I know:

a. water supply inbound can be unmetered (so charged on the RV basis) or metered; but

b. waste disposal outbound [whether 'foul' (= sewerage) or surface water] is not metered (so charged on the RV basis or fixed charge).

In which case 'green' credentials have nothing to do with it, do they? Please explain if this is incorrect.

You'd be sceptical, at least, unless you had a septic tank.

I have to admit I was very septical about the sceptic tank, but then I decided to have some spelling lessons! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

EDIT: I think I'm going to buy that cat flap!

As far as I know:

a. water supply inbound can be unmetered (so charged on the RV basis) or metered; but

b. waste disposal outbound [whether 'foul' (= sewerage) or surface water] is not metered (so charged on the RV basis or fixed charge).

In which case 'green' credentials have nothing to do with it, do they? Please explain if this is incorrect.

You are correct in what you say (I think), but the 'green' credentials I hypothesised about were on the assumption that you could not even contemplate getting a reduction if you were 'very green'.

But someone on here assures me you can!

There are two standing charges

One is around £33 for supplying the water the other is around £43 for same water that is sent back via your sewer for treatment to be reused.

Thats the standing charges out of the way.

Now you have to pay for the water. this costs you around £2.60 per 1000 litres.

The only saving you can make is the standing charge of £42 if none of the rain water on your property goes into a sewer.

I don't pay the £43 standing charge because all the rain that falls on my property soaks back through the ground or in the case of rain that falls on the roof goes via the fall pipe to a soakaway buried deep in my garden.

See link below

http://screensnapr.com/e/hRW2bi.jpg

There are two standing charges

One is around £33 for supplying the water the other is around £43 for same water that is sent back via your sewer for treatment to be reused.

Thats the standing charges out of the way.

Now you have to pay for the water. this costs you around £2.60 per 1000 litres.

The only saving you can make is the standing charge of £42 if none of the rain water on your property goes into a sewer.

I don't pay the £43 standing charge because all the rain that falls on my property soaks back through the ground or in the case of rain that falls on the roof goes via the fall pipe to a soakaway buried deep in my garden.

See link below

http://screensnapr.com/e/hRW2bi.jpg

Interesting link. But I see there is no mention of errrm....Toilet waste. Do you have a septic tank too?

Interesting link. But I see there is no mention of errrm....Toilet waste. Do you have a septic tank too?

No we don't have a septic tank, all our household waste water goes into the sewer as normal.

We get the rebate because none of the rain water that falls on our property goes into the sewer.

Archived