Egypt in may 13

Hi i have booked a holiday to Egypt in may 2013 16th-30th with my wife and 3 children 7-6- 2 and a half (ages at time of holiday)

will the heat be ok for my kids a lot of people say if they are caked in cream they will be ok but some things i hae read about the heat are worrying me. I can change the holiday if needs be.

Any advice or opinions welcome :)

Don't know about the seasonal temperatures but a bit of a gamble imo given the political turmoil. Make sure your travel insurance covers cancellation in the event of mass unrest.

I know a few people who'd normally have gone to Sharm or Hurghada on diving trips, given it a miss for past year.

It will still be hot in May, but as long as youre sensible youll all be fine. We went a few years ago in August, and it was insanely hot, we'd love to go again but would probably go around May time ourselves.

Just make sure theres always an opportunity to be in the shade, as well as loads of suncream on.

Nothing wrong with the tourist areas on the coast. I was there a couple of years ago diving in Dahab during some sort of upheaval. I only found out about it when I got back home.

That's why yesterday destroying the pyramids was being discussed, a lot can change in a very short time.:roll::roll::roll::roll:.

That's why yesterday destroying the pyramids was being discussed, a lot can change in a very short time.:roll::roll::roll::roll:.

However during the last upheaval the people protected the museum next to Tahrir square to prevent damage.

The pyramids at Gisa, Abu Simbal, Temple of Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Hatchepsuts temple,many lesser temples and the Red Sea nature reserve bring in a lot of revenue and only the most despotic of regimes would cut off this source of income.

However during the last upheaval the people protected the museum next to Tahrir square to prevent damage.

The pyramids at Gisa, Abu Simbal, Temple of Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Hatchepsuts temple,many lesser temples and the Red Sea nature reserve bring in a lot of revenue and only the most despotic of regimes would cut off this source of income.

Exactly and it seems, especially from my trip, that a good proportion of Egyptians are proud of the above mentioned areas of interest being in their country. I am sure their opinion would not alter just because some crazy fool claims they are anti islamic.

It will still be hot in May, but as long as youre sensible youll all be fine. We went a few years ago in August, and it was insanely hot, we'd love to go again but would probably go around May time ourselves.

Just make sure theres always an opportunity to be in the shade, as well as loads of suncream on.

and that they drink lots and lots and lots of water.........key reason for tummy bugs is actually being dehydrated.

and that they drink lots and lots and lots of water.........key reason for tummy bugs is actually being dehydrated.

Definitely. Also, find out what your Doctor advises in the way of innoculations. Were going to Turkey soon and have had hep A and typhoid jabs.

Archived