Where to go for Sunday Lunch

Iwork2shop

Originally posted by Hook

The Harley is "ok". I think it's 2 for £8 on a Sunday. I prefer to pop out to Hathersage and Little John's though. Massive plate load for £6.95. Keeps me going all week!

Little Johns is a good shout if you want a drive. I used to go out there walking and then work up a real appetite and then stop off there on the way home.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I live at Mosborough but can travel anywhere, especially if the foods good.

There's usually 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teenagers) so I'd prefer somewhere where there's loads of food i.e. a carvery perhaps, and thats not too expensive.

I'd heard that the Crosspool Taver is good - is that right?

Further to my earlier suggestion of Dulo's, and seeing as you've suggested a carvery: Probably one of the best Sunday lunches I've ever had is at the Castle Inn in Bradway. Been there a few times and taken me mam and dad. About 7 quid I think. Pile it on!

I have heard that the Crosspool Tavern is good. There are numerous pubs in Broomhill and along Fulwood Road which offer Sunday lunches, although I think there is only one which offers a carvery and it has changed its name recently-it is set back from the main road and is huge.

It also has Jazz nights on a Sunday night (last time I went that was) which was fantastic if you are in that type of mood and it is your kind of thing...! Hope this helps.

Archived