Could You Survive Without Gas And Electric?

I know. Not me. Without a microwave and my gas fridge I would be doomed. Think. No street lights, pubs with no pumps. Petrol stations on the blink. Booze Busters shut. Peeps who make bread with no ovens - those machines that milk cows and battery chickens.

Would you survive? How? Live in a tent?

I fully accept that as I am physically incapable of walking long distances, chopping down trees, digging the garden to grow my own food, digging out wells to get water and the like, I'd be amongst the first to be jettisoned by the rest of society as a waste of resources.

I guess I could eat cold tins of beans and peas, but I'd have to learn how to use a manual tin opener first. Always been brought up with electric ones, and use one now. Thats right, I cannot use a tin opener. Doomed? Me thinks so.

Yeah, but after a while the blokes that make the tins won't have any power to make them. I reckon it would turn into a right mess.

Archived