The amount of toddlers/unders 5s out at night on streets and supermarkets

I didn't judge anyone. No one is perfect and everyone will fail at something at sometime in life. As for you judging the "wrong uns" you don't know they are a "wrong un" and your judgement has failed you. Just because a guy is smartly dressed in a suite doesn't mean he won't mug you.

If you don't understand when you've judged someone then you have some thinking to do. No one can fail at something unless there are standards by which we judge them. How do you explain judges then? Should they all resign and say "everyone just do what you want, who am I to judge?"

Yes just because someone is dressed in a suit doesn't mean they won't mug you but lets face it, common sense and experience shows us that most street criminals run around in tracksuits, hoodies and Reebok classics not suits. Where does that judgement come from?

My 8 and 3 year olds have been in bed about an hour now. Both get up at 7.30am, I would prefer to wake them up than have them up at 5am and going to bed at 8pm - they're not doing any harm being up, and f I put them to bed early, they just mess about upstairs anyway, which ends up with the eldest getting angry with her younger sister when she wants to go to sleep. The youngest has way more energy, she won't be asleep yet after an hour in bed.

didnt think you did so u would be one ov them parents that leaves there kids in bed while u have too nip out na that wrong

Why not give kids booze and fags if they want it? Why not stand outside the school smoking? Why not take your kid to school in pyjamas? What's wrong with any of that?

My OH will often nip to the shop at 9, 10 or 11pm when my 9 month old is still very awake. I've asked him a few times to take her in the pram to calm and settle her for bed, and he won't, he thinks its wrong. I don't see the problem myself.

Thats because you are irresponsible, having baby's out that late is not right,you really need some help with parenting by the look of things.

Thats because you are irresponsible, having baby's out that late is not right,you really need some help with parenting by the look of things.

being in the pram in fresh air settles her. A 2 minute walk to the Co Op at the end of the road would do nicely to settle her down perfectly. I would rather have her settled at 9 or 10pm by doing that, than the current scenario of having to sit up until 4am with her every night

Free will is fine, but there is evidence that suggests a decent routine, with a reasonable bedtime is better for young children than the alternative. Surely the legal aspects of something aren't the only measure?

There are no laws to say we should teach children to clean their teeth, but responsible parents do. No laws to suggest that children are fed healthy meals, but most responsible parents try to make sure their kids are well fed. IMO, the same applies to bedtime routines, except on special occasions.

Definitely agree - I've actually heard someone ask supermarket staff at around 8pm if there is a 'Happy Hour' when people can shop without having to listen to tired and yelling toddlers:hihi:

Archived