The amount of toddlers/unders 5s out at night on streets and supermarkets

I do think that children should be in bed early, mine are normally in between 7:30 -8pm. However, if taking them for a walk in the pram helps get them to sleep I see no harm in it, but purposely keeping your child out of bed to go out would be wrong, unless it's an emergency. E.g sick baby = run out of nappies quicker than expected and have to do an emergency dash to the shops. I don't think people should instantly judge those with their children out as being bad parents, it's rather harsh.

I remember a thread on this a while ago though, I can't remember the title but it was rather similar to this one.

It would be a lot easier if my kids didn't have to share a bedroom. As it stands, 3 year old won't go to bed alone. 8 year old won't go to bed too early. I think about 9.30 is ok for an 8 year old myself. However, with it being summer and light at night, the 3 year old still thinks its playtime at 9.30. If I try to put her to bed, shes still bouncing off the walls and trying to play, keeping her sister up, and then I'll hear the eldest crying her eyes out in frustration with not being able to sleep. So, I find a happy medium is about 10-10.30pm. Not too late for the eldest, middle child accepts its dark, and its bedtime, and although she still doesn't go straight to sleep, she will watch a DVD quietly until shes ready.

Why not give kids booze and fags if they want it? Why not stand outside the school smoking? Why not take your kid to school in pyjamas? What's wrong with any of that?

why have you deleted all ur nasty comments so it looks like you havent said nowt wrong ur a nasty man :loopy::rant:

It would be a lot easier if my kids didn't have to share a bedroom. As it stands, 3 year old won't go to bed alone. 8 year old won't go to bed too early. I think about 9.30 is ok for an 8 year old myself. However, with it being summer and light at night, the 3 year old still thinks its playtime at 9.30. If I try to put her to bed, shes still bouncing off the walls and trying to play, keeping her sister up, and then I'll hear the eldest crying her eyes out in frustration with not being able to sleep. So, I find a happy medium is about 10-10.30pm. Not too late for the eldest, middle child accepts its dark, and its bedtime, and although she still doesn't go straight to sleep, she will watch a DVD quietly until shes ready.

My kids were unable to share a bedroom as when we moved I had a newborn and a toddler. They were constantly waking each other up, now I keep finding the toddler sleeping with the younger toddler in her cot :hihi: I just had to sit watching Thomas the Tank Engine in order to get him to sleep. These summer nights are a nightmare, completely understand the 3 year old problem :D

Then we have the baby in our room, but downstairs almost all night, as she doesn't sleep. Can't keep the 3 year old down here with us, as she just prolongs the settling baby agony with her dancing and singing, and refuses to go to bed before we do, normally approaching 4am, and then it has to be our bed she goes to!

why have you deleted all ur nasty comments so it looks like you havent said nowt wrong ur a nasty man :loopy::rant:

deleted by mods, along with your's, keep it calm, people will always have an opinion. You know how it is for you, and what works for you and your kids, sod what anyone else thinks, someone will always diapprove or look down at things that other people do x

Thats because you are irresponsible, having baby's out that late is not right,you really need some help with parenting by the look of things.

And you need to understand what its like who has a child who won't sleep. If taking a child round the block helps them to go to sleep instead of hours and hours of protesting, then whats the harm? You can try and impose all the routines in the world, but at the end of the day you go with what works for you and your child.

being in the pram in fresh air settles her. A 2 minute walk to the Co Op at the end of the road would do nicely to settle her down perfectly. I would rather have her settled at 9 or 10pm by doing that, than the current scenario of having to sit up until 4am with her every night

Been there done that! It can be soul destroying having a child who won't sleep! Your child ends up so tired its like a constant tantrum, and you end up so tired you feel ill and can't function well!

And you need to understand what its like who has a child who won't sleep. If taking a child round the block helps them to go to sleep instead of hours and hours of protesting, then whats the harm? You can try and impose all the routines in the world, but at the end of the day you go with what works for you and your child.

I'm not a mother (still waiting for my husband to be 'ready'...) but I have a one year old niece. Her parents are extremely strict with her and have actually said they want her to 'conform' to rules and regulations :| She gets so frustrated when she can't understand why they are shouting at her and telling her no that she does things like bites them and pulls their hair and hits them - not sure they're getting the results they want.

My Mum has her every Monday and she absolutely loves it there and has no tantrums at all. She gets to play with my cocker (which my brother disapproved of until he saw how much she loves her!)

My parents didn't bring us up with strict rules but we did have routine and morals and rewards. I've always respected my parents and they say we were rarely naughty children and we have all done alright for ourselves so far.

I'd like to think I'll be a good Mum one day and take everything with a pinch of salt.

Archived