I need to repel spiders.

I live on the top floor for a reason. I know some people may scream and run when they see a spider. I stop breathing. I just saw the biggest spider ever and now it is hiding under my sofa. I have checked online and it says tea tree oil works. I have none in the house. I read they do not like chestnuts. I can have a bowl in every room from now on! The only think I have in the house that I read they do not like is bleach. My bed is surrounded by balls of tissue tonight that has bleach squirted in! I am freaked out here. Please help me.

You must be seriously spooked to post this in the Computer & Tech Chat section!

I know it''s not good when you have a phobia though, my wife has a fear of moths. She freezes when one appears!

DEEP BREATH REQUIRED NOW BUT GO FOR IT!

Try moving the sofa and then catch the spider in a container like a wine glass or pint pot then slide a piece of paper underneath the glass and release it outside.

Don't kill it though and good luck! :)

LOL! OK I was coming back in here to have a rant and I read your reply. The laughing calmed me down. Why on Earth did I post it here? LOL!

OK now my rant. Why oh why oh why if you were to make a web page with details of how to repel spiders... would you put a picture of a SPIDER on there? People going to these sites hate spiders so why show them pictures of them?

Yes I am sorry for the drama but I freeze when I see them. I even still insist I do not have a phobia. I think phobia is the most overused word in the dictionary.

I love nature. But... no, just no.

Moths can be spooky. I have heard stories of ones the size of birds. No thanks. I understand you other half's pain Bass Man! I still adore that avatar. It would make a gorgeous tattoo. But no... now at the side of my eye it reminds me of a spider. Anything that is black or moves in the next day will make me shiver and remind me of a spider!

I live on the top floor for a reason. I know some people may scream and run when they see a spider. I stop breathing. I just saw the biggest spider ever and now it is hiding under my sofa. I have checked online and it says tea tree oil works. I have none in the house. I read they do not like chestnuts. I can have a bowl in every room from now on! The only think I have in the house that I read they do not like is bleach. My bed is surrounded by balls of tissue tonight that has bleach squirted in! I am freaked out here. Please help me.
Hi,to get rid of your problem catch another spider paint it blue and then let it go.All the other spiders in your home will run away because they will think that the bobby is after them.It works every time.

Now don't laugh, but, I have heard that conkers can repel spiders! Just place them around your rooms, in corners, window ledges etc. Apparently its the smell a conker gives off that the spiders don't like? :)

Yes Frohike conkers do work, I have a small dish in all my rooms with 3 or 4 conkers in but I also put 2-3 cloves in there too as this is supposed to repel them, I don't know which ones work but I have noticed a decline in the number or spiders I get. I still get the odd one but MrC is an excellent spider catcher and deals admirably with these.

Archived