First's new money making scheme - bus drivers don't carry a change float

So to catch the bus now, you have to plan it a day in advance, go to the cash point, then abuse some poor shop in order to get change (and buy something you didn't want), all because first are lazy.

Thats how first choose to operate, so as crazy as it sounds. Yes.

How would people feel if a no change given policy was introduced.

So to catch the bus now, you have to plan it a day in advance, go to the cash point, then abuse some poor shop in order to get change (and buy something you didn't want), all because first are lazy.

The whole crux of your argument is that people shouldn't be considered lazy for not having change for the bus fare, but you say First are lazy for not having change. :hihi:

I'd heard you weren't allowed to give the first drivers more than 20p in coppers some time back. No I'm not a tramp and yes I had to raid the penny jar once or twice to get to work!

Was a while back though.

I'd heard you weren't allowed to give the first drivers more than 20p in coppers some time back. No I'm not a tramp and yes I had to raid the penny jar once or twice to get to work!

Was a while back though.

I know that sums of money more than 20p (?) of copper, or £5 in silver (5p's, 10p's and 20p's) aren't legal tender, I think it's £10 in 50ps and £20 in £1 coins.

The whole crux of your argument is that people shouldn't be considered lazy for not having change for the bus fare, but you say First are lazy for not having change. :hihi:

That's correct. But not worth laughing at.

The difference is that people are just individual people, and first is a multi national cash handling business.

Can you see the difference?

Thats how first choose to operate, so as crazy as it sounds. Yes.

How would people feel if a no change given policy was introduced.

No you don't. You get on with a £10 (most cash points do give these out), and they will almost always have change.

I know that sums of money more than 20p (?) of copper, or £5 in silver (5p's, 10p's and 20p's) aren't legal tender, I think it's £10 in 50ps and £20 in £1 coins.

Oh wow it was true then, eeeips!

Archived