First's new money making scheme - bus drivers don't carry a change float

As much as I love love love, private transport companies, who take more in subsidies than national transport ever cost...

I think this thread is a bloody farce

every year you see less and less change out of a tenner from a day saver,

so I need to use a banknote unless I was planning on teleporting home, because they don't do return tickets anymore, because that might cost less than an hours wages to get from A to B

I didnt think you used buses. :hihi::hihi:

I don't. Did you see the word "if" in the sentence.

I've no idea why I'd need to catch a bus whilst at work, with my car outside, but who knows, maybe it breaks down, the RAC can't come for some reason, the trains stop running at the nearby station and the only option is a bus... Or a taxi, I think I'd call a taxi.

In that case I would have paid for my lunch with the £20 knowing I'm more likely to get change from the shop selling me lunch then I am getting change from a bus driver.

You missed the word if, I had no intentions of catching a bus, the £20 is still in my wallet, and once again if say my car doesn't start shortly and the tram has mysteriously disappeared, I won't have any change for the bus.

I'm not carrying around £3 or more in change just on the off chance that I have to catch a bus one day, which is what some people seem to be suggesting. It's not hard apparently to always have the change for the bus, so long as you don't mind jingling like a change purse whenever you move.

You missed the word if, I had no intentions of catching a bus, the £20 is still in my wallet, and once again if say my car doesn't start shortly and the tram has mysteriously disappeared, I won't have any change for the bus.

I'm not carrying around £3 or more in change just on the off chance that I have to catch a bus one day, which is what some people seem to be suggesting. It's not hard apparently to always have the change for the bus, so long as you don't mind jingling like a change purse whenever you move.

He's only saying what he woud have done not what you should have done, pay attention, and please what fella uses change when he has a note in his wallet :hihi:

Guest busdriver1
I prefer to get rid of change whenever I can. Breakfast at work costs £2 and lunch £3, so no matter what note I break in the morning, I only have notes left in the afternoon (unless they have no fivers for change).

You could always give your change to the busdriver, but you dont use buses so your contribution to this thread is therefore null and void.

I prefer to get rid of change whenever I can. Breakfast at work costs £2 and lunch £3, so no matter what note I break in the morning, I only have notes left in the afternoon (unless they have no fivers for change).

Assuming that all of that is true what do you do at work the next day having cleared your change?

Guest busdriver1
Assuming that all of that is true what do you do at work the next day having cleared your change?

he is just being controversial he has stated he does not use buses (thank god) so is just posting to have a scrap. Unfortunately he does not go away if you ignore him.

Archived