First's new money making scheme - bus drivers don't carry a change float

the fact the bus moves around and greggs is as far as i can tell stationary should give a clue.

I NEVER leave home wothout a small amount of change in my pocket, it causes me no difficulty whatsoever, why do some find it so hard to do?

Some find it hard because they have been molly-cuddled from the cradle to the grave and would just find it too much trouble.

Guest busdriver1
Some find it hard because they have been molly-cuddled from the cradle to the grave and would just find it too much trouble.

let them walk

the fact the bus moves around and greggs is as far as i can tell stationary should give a clue.

I NEVER leave home wothout a small amount of change in my pocket, it causes me no difficulty whatsoever, why do some find it so hard to do?

If you catch a bus twice a day, you SOON run out of change, no matter how dilligent you are. You're always having to replenish your stock, which usually means popping into a shop to buy something you don't really need. It's a pain in the backside, quite frankly.

If you catch a bus twice a day, you SOON run out of change, no matter how dilligent you are. You're always having to replenish your stock, which usually means popping into a shop to buy something you don't really need. It's a pain in the backside, quite frankly.

If you are travelling that regular then a weekly or monthly ticket may be more sensible...

If you are travelling that regular then a weekly or monthly ticket may be more sensible...

Not really in my case - more or less the same price, but then you're limited to one service provider, and you might get a lift once or twice a week, depending on what hours the OH is working :)

Thankfully I'm now a tram-user these days, much better service and they don't turn their noses up at £5 notes!

• 3 months later...

Exactly the same thing happened to my daughter this Sunday. She gets on a 120 to go with her friend to cadets, she gave him £2, he prints off 2 x 70p child tickets, then proceeds to tell them he didn't have any change.

She asked to for her money back to go on another bus, he refused (presumably as the tickets had already been issued before he said he didn't have change).

She then said she could give him £1 (as she had £3 in total - enough to get there and back) but she needed either her change or the £2 back as she wouldn't have enough money left.

He refused again and was totally disinterested.

I have rung 1st up today to complain - they were about as bothered as the driver on Sunday.

oh! and if I want the 60p change back, they only way I can get it is to have it sent to the LOST PROPERTY DEPARTMENT in Sheffield and GO AND COLLECT IT!!!!

So that will cost me 3 or 4 times the value of the refund to get it!!!

Absolutely diabolical. There's no wonder no one likes using buses.

simple, if driver is refusing to give change then phone the police as it then technically becomes theft as he is refusing to give her the money as change or a reciept!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

simple, if driver is refusing to give change then phone the police as it then technically becomes theft as he is refusing to give her the money as change or a reciept!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Theft definition in English law:

"Dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it"

Now the driver has not dishonestly done anything because it's company policiy that if he doesn't have change the customer needs to claim it back, so that's theft out of the window already, and he doesn't intend to perminently deprive them of their money because they can claim it back, so that's another defence to boot.

So call the police, at best they'll laugh at you, at worst they'll arrest you for wasting police time.

Archived