First's new money making scheme - bus drivers don't carry a change float

First are a joke!! Caught a bus from work wednesday (Hospital app) Cost me £2.50 for a 4 mile journey!! Then caught a stagecoach for 10 mile journey cost me £1.40!! :huh:

I know this has nothing to do with the 'post' but had to vent somewhere :)

They are a complete rip off.

They should carry a float of £100.

Some tickets would require you to use two fifty pound notes to purchase them.

They are a complete rip off.

They should carry a float of £100.

Some tickets would require you to use two fifty pound notes to purchase them.

start off with a £100 quid float,lol, by the end of the day he would be walking around like J.R EWING. :hihi:

I seem to have been wrong in my previous post.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/south_yorkshire/tickets/firstmonth/

- You cannot buy the monthly tickets on buses.

But you would need two fifty notes to buy it.

Yet another type of ticket you can't buy when boarding!

The cost of transport in this city is disgraceful. I'm starting to feel sorry for the people who rob buses.

both me and partner are ex bus drivers most of drivers we worked with didn't like to take notes as if its fake it comes out of drivers wage, and as for afloat we where given 2 one pound coins on the day you started, personally carried 5 pound in change(out of my own pocket) which was gone if u hit a stop full of kids going to school each armed with a 50p wanting what was then a 30p fare.

how much change do you think they should give the bus driver as a float then? its a bus not a bank, its not hard to make sure you have some change on you is it?

Should Shops treat you with the same contempt then and hide under the guise of it being security risk.

Bus companies provide a service which entails taking small amounts of money and should be armed with the tools to do the job,not intentionally rip people off.

Not that i use buses.

Bus companies provide a service which entails taking small amounts of money and should be armed with the tools to do the job

They are; they have a tray for the customers' money to go in.

Your gripe seems to be more about the customers not having the right tools for their job, which is to buy a ticket at a set price.

BEWARE!!!!!!! First are striving to make more money by not having a float first thing in the morning!!!! My fare came to £2.50 I gave him £3. He couldn't give me the change and said that if he didn't have the change by the end of my journey, then I would have to claim it back off the company!!!!!!!!! This process takes 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many people are going to claim back 5p 10p 20p???????????????????

Dispicable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it diffucult tyo give the right fare, if you know where you are going you should know how much it costs. It's important for people to how incompetant you are at life.

I bet you offer a ten pound note for a newspaper because its easier to let them sort out your lack of mental ability.

I'm used to bus services that simply do not give change, where it's the passenger's responsibility to have the right fare and if he wants to pay extra that's his own concern. Given that background, I've never paid much thought to it.

yet again if someone is providing a service they should have change

Is it really that hard to make sure you have change in the morning for your bus fare?

As for giving the bus driver a ten pound note and wiping any float out he may have that's ridiculous.

Why should it wipe out his float, is it beyond the wit of First to actually provide a reasonable float?

Archived