"Rape not the rapists' fault - It's the world's fault"

That argument could be applied to all unreported rapes. I've already posted that stats, look back over them. If you want to remain on this state of denial then so be it.

The fact they are unreported means they shouldn't go on stats for rape because without evidence being presented to a court then we have no idea if there was a rape.

They occasionally assume incorrectly that a woman has consented to sex only to find out afterwards that actually she didn't because she was incapable of consent.

Celebrities make easy targets for money grabbers.

I was referring to celebrities who use prostitutes, rather than rape. But yes, you've introduced a new angle to the discussion in hand. Celebrities do rape.

Er, the whole point is that she does not consent. Men use threats, bullying, force.

Some posters seem to see consent as "yes". If it's "yes" then it's consent...pure and simple. Unable to understand the concept of "Yes" but I want and feel "no", but because of spite, coercion, control, bullying, financial repercussions etc the woman will submit. Men who fall into this category have no thoughts or empathy for their partner..it isn't about them having sex, it's about him having sex and control...Why doesn't she get out I hear, who knows..children? She may even love him. Even if she did get out it doesn't change that type of male mindset.

The fact they are unreported means they shouldn't go on stats for rape because without evidence being presented to a court then we have no idea if there was a rape.

I see, so any woman who states that she has been raped has not been unless it has been proven in a court of law?! Perhaps we should apply that rule to child sex abuse, domestic violence and other crimes?

I know women who have been raped but have yet to meet a man who had admitted to it. I have yet to meet a man who had admitted to using the services of a prostitute but statistically I must know some.

Rape is not something that women like to discuss openly because they are all too frequently blamed for it. That is why places like Rape Crisis exist, they can offload without being judged.

Plenty of men plead guilty to rape, even the young boy in the OP pleaded guilty, and plenty of women cry rape when no rape as been committed, it not about believing or disbelieving them, it’s about evidence and the fact that the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

Plenty of men plead guilty to rape, even the young boy in the OP pleaded guilty, and plenty of women cry rape when no rape as been committed, it not about believing or disbelieving them, it’s about evidence and the fact that the accused is innocent until proven guilty.

No, plenty of women do not cry rape. This is not about rape trials it is about the general incidence of rape in the population. Why would a woman who was surveyed lie about being raped?

I see, so any woman who states that she has been raped has not been unless it has been proven in a court of law?! Perhaps we should apply that rule to child sex abuse, domestic violence and other crimes?

She may or may not have been, you choose to believe without question, I neither believe nor disbelieve and would remain impartial, but would help them to leave the relationship or pursue it through the courts. I wouldn’t call the accused a rapist until he was proven to be a rapist.

She may or may not have been, you choose to believe without question, I neither believe nor disbelieve and would remain impartial, but would help them to leave the relationship or pursue it through the courts. I wouldn’t call the accused a rapist until he was proven to be a rapist.

You're conflating two separate issues: reported and unreported rapes. The vast majority of women phoning Rape Crisis (in excess of 80%) do not nor will report their rape. Are you suggesting that we do not believe them until their case has been before the courts and the perpetrator found guilty?

No, plenty of women do not cry rape. This is not about rape trials it is about the general incidence of rape in the population. Why would a woman who was surveyed lie about being raped?

People lie its appears to be in our nature and we still haven’t established how the people questioned were selected.

It’s even for possible for them to believe what they say despite it not being accurate.

Archived