"Rape not the rapists' fault - It's the world's fault"

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH - how do you arrive at the conclusion that cases that get dropped/withdrawn are synomous with false allegations?

The ignorance being displayed on here is overwhelming. Have you actually read any of the credible research as to why cases get dropped and withdrawn?

It is a futile exercise trying to debate this issue with idiots who have preconceptions like yourself. I am going to channel my energies elsewhere where I can really make a useful contribution and help those who really need it.

I don't, but I also don't come to the conclusion that someone was raped or that someone committed rape. It's an unsubstantiated allegation until there is a conviction.

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH - how do you arrive at the conclusion that cases that get dropped/withdrawn are synomous with false allegations?

The ignorance being displayed on here is overwhelming. Have you actually read any of the credible research as to why cases get dropped and withdrawn?

It is a futile exercise trying to debate this issue with idiots who have preconceptions like yourself. I am going to channel my energies elsewhere where I can really make a useful contribution and help those who really need it.

So now people that disagree with you are idiots, which says more about you than the people that disagree with you.

It is a futile exercise trying to debate this issue with idiots who have preconceptions like yourself. I am going to channel my energies elsewhere where I can really make a useful contribution and help those who really need it

QUOTE] After reading arguments about the validity of the survey results do you now agree the results are unreliable ?

So now people that disagree with you are idiots, which says more about you than the people that disagree with you.

It is a futile exercise trying to debate this issue with idiots who have preconceptions like yourself. I am going to channel my energies elsewhere where I can really make a useful contribution and help those who really need it

After reading arguments about the validity of the survey results do you now agree the results are unreliable ?

I tell you what, read up on it, there's a wealth of research papers out there as well as books about rape.

I'm done.

My preconceived idea is that everyone is innocent until proven guilty; whilst your preconceived idea is that every man accused of rape is guilty.

Let’s hope you never end up on the jury of a rape trial.

I don't, but I also don't come to the conclusion that someone was raped or that someone committed rape. It's an unsubstantiated allegation until there is a conviction.

Many, many crimes demonstrably happen without an there ever being an accusation, prosecution or conviction.

Many, many crimes demonstrably happen without an there ever being an accusation, prosecution or conviction.

Which would make them unsubstantiated, I don't doubt that some women are raped and never report it, what I doubt is that 25% 8,000,000 women have been raped and didn’t report it.

1.AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH - how do you arrive at the conclusion that cases that get dropped/withdrawn are synomous with false allegations?

2.The ignorance being displayed on here is overwhelming. Have you actually read any of the credible research as to why cases get dropped and withdrawn?

3.It is a futile exercise trying to debate this issue with idiots who have preconceptions like yourself.4. I am going to channel my energies elsewhere where I can really make a useful contribution and help those who really need it.

1. They aren't tested in court leading to a conviction, given that the person originally accused benefits from a presumption of innocence it isn't altogether unreasonable to doubt the veracity of the original accusat ion unless you hold the opinion that the 'victim' was 'raped' by an 'innocent' person.

2. I haven't, however, I will peruse the credible research should you wish to cite it (autodidactism defence coming up methinks ! )

3. I am sure that you have never suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous preconceptions and prejudices, pray enlighten the ignorant masses (autodidactism defence coming up methinks !)

4. You don't appear to have any self-esteem issues !

Rape statistics based on convictions alone are likely to be an understimation of the problem because it is hard to convict for rape as there will be a large number of cases based on "he said" "she said" with little or no evidence or witnesses. I suspect this would outweigh the cases where the allegation is a lie. There is no way to get a real value on this as it relies on getting to the truth.

Rape statistics based on what the alleged victim says even if they are anonymous are very likely to be inaccurate because:

- if the survey is voluntary people who have suffered these crimes are far more likely to respond

- the phrasing of the questions will make a big difference to the responses

- including attempted rape in the statistics makes it dubious because it is a grey area and is not a well defined thing

which is why the statistic without knowing the questions, what an attempted rape is defined as, the number sampled or the sampling methods is just completely meaningless:huh:

Give me a statistic on conviction rates and it has some meaning even if you accept that it is likely to be an underestimation!

disclaimer: views expressed are the opinion of the poster and are not claimed to be fact!

Ps calling people dim and idiots just because they have an alternative opinion to yours is not very nice!

Archived