Let's put the Banksters behind bars.

They COULD be filing Criminal Charges. They are GATHERING evidence.

.... not quite the same as what you said.

Did you also ignore the articles stating that our own SFO are also investigating issues - albeit they are further behind the yanks.

So WE COULD also file criminal charges once evidence has been gathered.

Maybe you should read the full article sometimes.

They COULD be filing Criminal Charges. They are GATHERING evidence.

.... not quite the same as what you said.

Did you also ignore the articles stating that our own SFO are also investigating issues - albeit they are further behind the yanks.

So WE COULD also file criminal charges once evidence has been gathered.

Maybe you should read the full article sometimes.

After the 2007/2008 crash, after a rigourous investigation, (not the cosy chat Bob Diamond got recently,) several American bankers went to prison.

Not one did here, even though they were up to the same tricks.

We need a proper judicial public enquiry, not the luke warm parliamentary version where they're all afraid of dropping themselves and each other in it.

As for Occupy, I'm sure they're on the case.

After the 2007/2008 crash, after a rigourous investigation, (not the cosy chat Bob Diamond got recently,) several American bankers went to prison.

We need a proper judicial public enquiry, not the luke warm parliamentary version where they're all afraid of dropping themselves and each other in it.

So what specific crimes that were committed during the 2007/08 crash went unpunished here?

So what specific crimes that were committed during the 2007/08 crash went unpunished here?

Do you think no crimes have been committed, or none during 2007/2008?

Im struggling to understand your question or why its being asked.

Firstly, so what?? - what happens in America's judicial system has nothing to do with over here unless the Claimant, Respondent or intermediate parties are registered over there. US Judicial Law does not automatically apply here. Do you havea list of all the cross over law and regulation which can be brought within the England and Wales Justice System.

Secondly, "breach of regulations" if that was the allegation does not automatically mean criminal proceedings. What is a "regulation" under a government act or professional body cannot always be tried upon under a judical or even civil proceeding. Even if they were doing something wrong it would be a matter for a government or regularity body to deal with.... not a criminal prosecution.

Thirdly, do you have a specific list of what LAWS you allege they broke. Do you have a portfolio of evidence proof beyond reasonable doubt that could bring a prosecution in a court of law. Do you have a named party for each and every allegation who can personally be prosecuted in a court of law? ...... no. oh shame... never mind.

We can all go into moronic pitch fork mode and ask for the head of Bob Diamond or Steven Hester but its not that simple.

Finally, dont waste your keyboard bigging up Occupy. My god what a joke. :loopy::loopy: What the hell are they gonna do? Sit in a tent again? Clog up the high street getting in everyone's way? Im sure they are really scared of the unwashed gathering in small clusters outside provisional branches of said organisations having no effect whatsoever on the cause and running away hiding when it rains? Do me a favour.

Do you think no crimes have been committed, or none during 2007/2008?

Im struggling to understand your question or why its being asked.

I was replying to the point asking why no bankers have gone to jail here in the UK, whereas they have in the US. If people believe that bankers should have gone to jail, what were their specific crimes?

It's a simple question.

I was replying to the point asking why no bankers have gone to jail here in the UK, whereas they have in the US. If people believe that bankers should have gone to jail, what were their specific crimes?

It's a simple question.

Lying on Libor therefore ensuring the markets didnt have a pop at them, and ensuring the rates they paid out on loans were lower.

Hiding funds from terrorists and drug lords and cleaning them up, so they looked legit.

Stealing from pension funds.

Im at a loss still at your question. Do you actually want me to pull out the actual laws on this? Suggest you chat to a solicitor.

Archived