A lot of fuss about swearing?

I hear that in Barnsley the ban on swearing in the Town centre has acchieved a measure of success since the £80 on the spot fines have been introduced.

Is the school where pupils were given a work sheet with a list of swear words to draw attension to what is appropiate and wasn't isn't, taking it a step too far though?

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/news/article/5321/pupils-get-lesson-in-swearing

I swear so my kids dont have to.

I once called my brother a liar when we were kids....I got a scutch from my mom and got told not to "use that language in this house" and that wasn't even a swear word. Imagine if I HAD swore.......

I once called my brother a liar when we were kids....I got a scutch from my mom and got told not to "use that language in this house" and that wasn't even a swear word. Imagine if I HAD swore.......

:hihi: Thinking of that old saying "i'll wash your mouth out with soap" i hear that some mothers were actually known to have done that to kids that were heard swearing way back in the old days. It wasn't known as child abuse then.:sad:

Swearing is vulgar and it's not something that is pleasant to listen to, especially in public places. I think it's a good idea to fine people from using offensive language. Maybe the authorities should go one step further, dish out a complimentary thesaurus with every fine.

:hihi: Thinking of that old saying "i'll wash your mouth out with soap" i hear that some mothers were actually known to have done that to kids that were heard swearing way back in the old days. It wasn't known as child abuse then.:sad:

Ohh yes, Carbolic comes to mind.......

I saw a girl on the bus earlier with her friend, both definitely not older than 13. She was saying F*** and c*** all over the place.

Dread to think what the parents are like.

Haha, a guy in front turned round and said "Stop f****** swearing" which I thought was amusing but, yeah.

Sheffield should follow in Barnsley's footsteps I think.

I have had it done, many moons ago, my mum was a stickler & it didn't hurt me. People also have to remember that people swear, some do it in anger, some do it as a matter of speech, some do it because their peers do it.

It has to be taken in the context of how it is used, I don't like it personally every 2nd word, when some people speak, but its how they are.

It's the nanny state we live in, people swear, get over it, it's not nice but why should people be fined for doing something that's gone on for eons. I really do fear where this country is going, there are murders, and the like; & people are more bothered about people swearing.:loopy:

Archived