A lot of fuss about swearing?

I have had it done, many moons ago, my mum was a stickler & it didn't hurt me. People also have to remember that people swear, some do it in anger, some do it as a matter of speech, some do it because their peers do it.

It has to be taken in the context of how it is used, I don't like it personally every 2nd word, when some people speak, but its how they are.

It's the nanny state we live in, people swear, get over it, it's not nice but why should people be fined for doing something that's gone on for eons. I really do fear where this country is going, there are murders, and the like; & people are more bothered about people swearing.:loopy:

An eighty pound fine does seem a bit harsh,perhaps a re-introduction of putting the offenders in the stocks might be a better idea.

I think that because swearing is usually intended to be offensive or crude, people don't like to hear it. I think it shows a lack of imagination or an over-inflated sense of their own machismo - because it's so cool to use expletives peppered through a sentence, innit :rolleyes:.

The words start to become meaningless if they're overused, why not save it for when you really need a good curse?

Like when you drop a hammer on your foot, for example :D

...I see myself as being pretty araldite, and have no problem at all slipping in the occasional well placed invective to add a bit of humour to a conversation. :)

Well, you certainly slipped something into that sentence which added humour. Like it. :thumbsup: Good for gluing picture frames, for the purpose of displaying Marmite jars perhaps?

I think that because swearing is usually intended to be offensive or crude, people don't like to hear it. I think it shows a lack of imagination or an over-inflated sense of their own machismo - because it's so cool to use expletives peppered through a sentence, innit :rolleyes:.

The words start to become meaningless if they're overused, why not save it for when you really need a good curse?

Like when you drop a hammer on your foot, for example :D

My sentiments entirely. :thumbsup:

Archived