Amazing how the brain works

I think it says more about those who cannot read it than those who can.

Like its been stated our brain see's things that it is familiar with as a pattern and does not get hung up on the detail. Its like driving somewhere and not being able to remember the journey because all the brain needs to know is how to process the information and gets on with it.

On a similar theme try reading the colours, not the words on this list:

Blue

Black

Orange

Grey

Pink

Red

Black

Yellow

Blue

Green

Makes my brain go funny :help:

What does that indicate then because i didn't have any problems with that one.

What does that indicate then because i didn't have any problems with that one.

I think it's supposed to do with conflicting information preventing the brain from processing what the eyes are seeing. It's called the Stroop test, and apparently it would take you longer to read the list I posted above with one that read:

Red

Blue

Purple

etc....Probably indicates that you're very adept at processing information, or catching psychological tests out ;)

The brain is amazing, but not because of your example (ie it can tell M3554G3 really means message, who would have thought?).

The brain is capable of far greather things, but if this is enough for you to be happy with your brain fair enough.

I think it's supposed to do with conflicting information preventing the brain from processing what the eyes are seeing. It's called the Stroop test, and apparently it would take you longer to read the list I posted above with one that read:

Red

Blue

Purple

etc....Probably indicates that you're very adept at processing information, or catching psychological tests out ;)

I was reading about mild dyslexia in adults recently,which is fairly common apparently.It might explain why occasionally i've viewed my own posts and noticed an odd time or two when i've typed the same word twice or omitted the word that was meant to be there.

I thought to myself "was that the time i had that glass of wine" or was i just tired at the time.:hihi:

Never mind my handwriting is still perfect,but no one here sees that of course.

Archived