The road to drug addiction?

The difference lays in responsible use of alcohol because when you are intoxicated you are more susseptable to drug use. I think that's what the study proves.

I don't think it even considered looking at such an effect. It's talking about the long term substance abuse habits of people and linking this to whether they started drinking at an age earlier than 21. It isn't looking at whether people who are drunk try drugs when in that state.

If you want your kids to stay away from drugs, then you might want to keep teenagers off alcohol because a new study says that long term drug abuse is likely to occur due to alcohol, not marijuana, use.

The present study included data on more than 14,500 high-school students from 120 schools across U.S. The data was obtained from Monitoring the Future study.

Researchers analyzed the data to find out what substances were being tried by students. They checked for use of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, LSD, amphetamines, tranquilizers and other narcotics. Alcohol was the first substance to be tried by students, the results showed.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/news/20120711/10771/alcohol-addiction-marijuana-drugs.htm

Kids will do what kids do, if you have children and know everything they do when they go out, you must be the only one.

Kids will do what kids do, if you have children and know everything they do when they go out, you must be the only one.

I'm not sure that's a good argument for complacency. In fact I'm sure it's not. Kids will push the boundaries that parents set, it's part of growing up, but that doesn't mean that the boundaries shouldn't be there.

I'm not sure that's a good argument for complacency. In fact I'm sure it's not. Kids will push the boundaries that parents set, it's part of growing up, but that doesn't mean that the boundaries shouldn't be there.

If you have children , do you have them on a tight rein then. Did you do exactly what your parents told you to do ?.

Archived