Adult swimming lessons for an average swimmer

Hey folks,

Any advice on how to go about getting some adult swimming lessons. I'm an average swimmer i.e can do several lengths, breaststroke style but not with any technique.

I'm quite keen to enter a triathlon as I have an interest in cycling and running but swimming is my weakness so would like to take lessons, learn how to front crawl properly and work on general techique and confidence. I feel beginner classes may not be suitable.

Can anyone recommend or know of anywhere I could try. Most searches bring up the beginner courses offered at SIV venues in Sheffield

Ponds forge do improver lessons aimed at adults who can swim but wish to get better, a lot of triathletes do this. they also offer one to one sessions. Give Ponds a ring and ask to speak to the aquatics department

hope that helps

Ponds Forge offer front crawl specific classes on a Wednesday evening. You might also want to consider front crawl specific swimfit sessions and as shawy11 has also mentioned, 1-2-1 lessons are available.

The contact number for further information is 0114 2233453.

Thanks

Archived