Save Leeds Cardiac Surgery Unit Please

I recently signed this petition asking the NHS to save Leeds' cardiac surgery unit.

http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/AGuqF/zMf1/BuzzY

Children needing heart surgery in Yorkshire and Humber used to have a nearby unit to run to at the first sign of problems. Now, the decision to condense heart surgery units to seven locations in the UK poses a threat to Leeds General Infirmary's patients.

Leeds is one of several hospitals losing their heart surgery unit, which requires current and future patients to travel for more than a day when they require anything beyond diagnosis, monitoring, and non-surgical treatment.

Families who have grown to depend on Leeds fear the worst now that it has closed its doors. The time it takes to travel to an unfamiliar hospital could mean life or death to children in desperate need of surgery. Fewer locations also means increased numbers of patients per ward, which could make emergency surgery procedures harder to come by last minute.

Ask the National Health Service to keep Leeds' cardiac surgery unit open to offer children the most efficient treatment possible!

Thanks!

I recently signed this petition asking the NHS to save Leeds' cardiac surgery unit.

Children needing heart surgery in Yorkshire and Humber used to have a nearby unit to run to at the first sign of problems. Now, the decision to condense heart surgery units to seven locations in the UK poses a threat to Leeds General Infirmary's patients.

Leeds is one of several hospitals losing their heart surgery unit, which requires current and future patients to travel for more than a day when they require anything beyond diagnosis, monitoring, and non-surgical treatment.

Families who have grown to depend on Leeds fear the worst now that it has closed its doors. The time it takes to travel to an unfamiliar hospital could mean life or death to children in desperate need of surgery. Fewer locations also means increased numbers of patients per ward, which could make emergency surgery procedures harder to come by last minute.

Ask the National Health Service to keep Leeds' cardiac surgery unit open to offer children the most efficient treatment possible!

Thanks!

I will gladly sign this, i find this morally repugnant, while we are spending billions blowing the crap out of innocent people thousands of miles away we are told there needs to be cuts to kiddies health services.

Cameron is a b*stard in the first order and before all the Labour wallys jump in Milliband is just as bad and Clegg is the worst of all.

Liars the lot of them who should be tried for crimes against humanity, it shows what sort of society we live in when we spend hundreds of times more money on killing people than we do on saving people.

I will gladly sign this, i find this morally repugnant, while we are spending billions blowing the crap out of innocent people thousands of miles away we are told there needs to be cuts to kiddies health services.

Cameron is a b*stard in the first order and before all the Labour wallys jump in Milliband is just as bad and Clegg is the worst of all.

Liars the lot of them who should be tried for crimes against humanity, it shows what sort of society we live in when we spend hundreds of times more money on killing people than we do on saving people.

Thank you.

Thank you.

So will I it's a disgrace poor little mites, I've had open heart surgery so know what on about. How on earth can this be justified, and has been said millions spent on a war, and the stupid bloody Olympics.

Just think what a small percentage of those monies would do, for these children & families.

Yorkshire, the biggest county in the land is very likely going to have its dedicated childrens heart surgery unit taken away, despite the fact that 13 or 14 million people live within a quite short traveling distance from it. Madness. Surely you put the hospitals where the people are.

Archived