Mobile phones and kids

I was watching someone on the news the other night when O2 were having their problems. This poor mum was distraught, she couldn't get in touch with her family, she didn't know if they were ok or even if her husband was ok :roll: How on earth anyone else ever managed before mobiles I daren't even begin to imagine.I found that pretty scary in itself, let alone kids not being able to use their mobiles whenever THEY want to let alone whilst at school etc....

I was watching someone on the news the other night when O2 were having their problems. This poor mum was distraught, she couldn't get in touch with her family, she didn't know if they were ok or even if her husband was ok :roll: How on earth anyone else ever managed before mobiles I daren't even begin to imagine.I found that pretty scary in itself, let alone kids not being able to use their mobiles whenever THEY want to let alone whilst at school etc....

I think it's like a lot of things, once you get used to something, it's hard to imagine how you managed before. Bit like learning to drive.. once you can drive, you wonder how you ever got about before.

However, it does sound like that mum being distraught was over-reacting slightly. You don't need to know where and how everyone is every minute of the day.

Once kids have unlimited access to a mobile phone, that's it ... for life! The same for adults.

Archived