Why are the media reporting John Terry as guilty?

My take is given the abuse these two very highly paid proffessionals were swapping in their workplace they both need a effing slap and a reminder they are paid very well to do a job, not swap playground insults.

As for "racism", pah. Grow a set.

The point is that you can lip read players abusing each other and officials in just about every televised game, but rarely do people feel the need to make a complaint, it has become part of the game, rightly or wrongly.

Incidentally you're quite right players abusing each other has become part of the game, rightly or wrongly, however in this instance it was a white man who was alleged to have played the race card in abusing a black one, you don't need to bring someone's race into it if you wish to insult them-it's rather over gilding the lilly don't you think?

But we're not talking about 'general abuse' are we? I'm sure racial abuse has gone on for years in football, my god remember the racist chanting and bananas idiots used to throw at black footballers in the 70's and 80's? No doubt you'd dismiss that as just a bit of harmless fun?

Racial abuse is unacceptable whether the perpetrator is black or white, it makes no difference.

You jump to conclusions often on here don't you :loopy:

As for the 70s and 80s, I don't know how many football matches you attended but those banana incidents and the racist chanting are now a greatly exaggerated thing of the past, they happened but were isolated incidents.

As for this incident of racial abuse, it stemmed from general abuse by the sounds of it, and it seems OK to 'generally abuse' each other on a football pitch but as soon as the word black get's thrown in someone wants to call it 'racially aggravated'.

Forgive me for having an opinion but there is not that much difference between calling someone a c and a black c that can justify an expensive week long court case, however our laws have made it so ..... in my opinion all abuse on the football field should be stopped, particularly as peoples sensitivities seem to be so heightened and the hype that ensues.

It seems that behaviour is more applicable to you, I was posing a question-hence the sentence suffixed with a question mark.

As for the 70s and 80s, I don't know how many football matches you attended but those banana incidents and the racist chanting are now a greatly exaggerated thing of the past, they happened but were isolated incidents.

No they weren't, it's the reason I stopped going to football matches, it wasn't something I wanted my children exposed to.

As for this incident of racial abuse, it stemmed from general abuse by the sounds of it, and it seems OK to 'generally abuse' each other on a football pitch but as soon as the word black get's thrown in someone wants to call it 'racially aggravated'.

Why the need to throw in the word black or the person's colour at all? Ferdinand was able to resist the temptation in abusing Terry. Had Terry called him a f***** c*** I'm sure we wouldn't have been reading about it.

Forgive me for having an opinion but there is not that much difference between calling someone a c and a black c that can justify an expensive week long court case, however our laws have made it so ..... in my opinion all abuse on the football field should be stopped, particularly as peoples sensitivities seem to be so heightened and the hype that ensues.

..and I ask again, if you believe there's no material difference in the two forms of insult I wonder why the word 'black' was used at all-presumably it's intended to aggravate the tone of the insult.

..bizarrely in your following statement you seem to be trivialising the racist chanting and banana throwing as I suspected you would-doh :confused:

Bet not landed. I've experienced really nasty racism, I just laughed it off at the time but looking back it was not at all nice. But sticks and stones and all that.

Believe me andy if it's something you grow up with from childhood-day in, day out, it becomes ingrained and has a heightened sensitivity.

Believe me andy if it's something you grow up with from childhood-day in, day out, it becomes ingrained and has a heightened sensitivity.

I fully understand that, having grown up kicking the proverbial out of the seemingly endless chavs who wanted to abuse my adopted nephew whose hue is of a dark shade just because of his skin colour. But that does not make me imune from racism. I've been subject to hatred because I'm white, we can't pretend that just because i can deal with it and did that its not an issue because their will be white people who cannot and if they are told hey, you're white, you're cream of the crop so how can you be abused and they are actually very weak people we will end up with very bad outcomes.

Archived