Why are the media reporting John Terry as guilty?

There was no evidence that it didn't happen either.
Which is why I said it would have been difficult to convict Terry on the evidence available.

I'm not so sure about the "from the onset" bit but couldn't blame him for this. Knowing the ridiculous situation we are now in, ie being alleged to be a racist is akin to being a concentration camp shower concierge.

Terry wasn't being prosecuted for being a racist, the claim was he chose to embellish an abuse trade with Ferdinand by appending offensively racist terminology to it.

It appears some black people feel that it is wrong for a black person to side with a white one. That's racist?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173750/John-Terry-racism-row-Rio-Ferdinand-accused-row-Twitter-attack-Ashley-Cole.html

What's your point? I havent even read the link but it's hardly a revelation that some black people are racists.

There was no evidence though that that is what happened, it was merely Terry's defence and it was accepted.

From the outset he denied using the words at all, it was only when confronted with the youtube clip that he changed his mind.

I'm afraid that you are wrong, Terry and AF mett straight after the match to discuss the incident, and AJ accepted Terry's explanation of the incident. It's also very telling that not one witness or any piece of evidence exists that can even provide the merest hint that Terry is not telling the truth. The magistrate found Terry to be a very credible witness.

I think it's increadable when you consuder all of this people still believe Terry to be racist but somehow seem to accept AF's brothers freedom of speech to racially abuse Ashley Cole.

Watching the news on Sky this morning Diane Abbott was on talking about the case. I know, kettle? pot?

Anyway, she repeatedly said that the use of racist language on the pitch as in the case should have been punished.

But Terry was found not guilty of doing this. The same sort of reports are seen everywhere. He was found NOT GUILTY he didn't do it!

No. It is the duty of the citizen to understand the law.

It is not the judge's job to declare that he's not racist or that he didn't do it. It is the judge's job to take into account other reasons and if they cast doubt then he must find not guilty. The whole world knows he did it, it was on camera and he admitted it. And no I don't see Terry as an evil criminal, more of a mouthy prat.

No. It is the duty of the citizen to understand the law.

It is not the judge's job to declare that he's not racist or that he didn't do it. It is the judge's job to take into account other reasons and if they cast doubt then he must find not guilty. The whole world knows he did it, it was on camera and he admitted it. And no I don't see Terry as an evil criminal, more of a mouthy prat.

What evidence exist that leads you believe that Terry is guilty?

I'm afraid that you are wrong, Terry and AF mett straight after the match to discuss the incident, and AJ accepted Terry's explanation of the incident.
I was merely repeating what I'd read of the incident in the press.

It's also very telling that not one witness or any piece of evidence exists that can even provide the merest hint that Terry is not telling the truth.

Well there is, the fact that Ferdinand denies he used the words that Terry claims he was repeating.

I was merely repeating what I'd read of the incident in the press.

So you accept that you were wrong on this point.

Well there is, the fact that Ferdinand denies he used the words that Terry claims he was repeating.

That doesn't prove anything, it is possible that both Terry and AF are telling the truth. Terry may have misheard some of the abuse that AF was giving Terry, and responded honestly.

Terry has no history of racism, he's the captain and as such must command the respect of a team that is often critisised for being too multicultural, the team had a very powerful political African political presence in it. He's done lots of work and donated lots of money towards african charities. So there is not a hint of racist behaviour in his past.

What Terry is guilty of us being an unsophisticated ill educated oaf, anybody with an ounce of common sense would had known that potential trouble that he would have been in for using the words that he did, still the fact remains this does not constitute racist abuse or criminal behaviour.

Archived