Why are the media reporting John Terry as guilty?

Rightly or wrongly I think Ferdinand will suffer the consequences as well. Although he didn't bring the charges he could have ended the affair by not wishing to get involved.

If the words had been directed at Ferdinand, ie ******* black **** they're not racist anyway. He is black. They may be offensive when using such language, but they are a description of the players colour and what JT thinks of him as a person.

I'm sure there are much worse racist things to say/do. It devalues true racism, is counter productive and has made black people seem a bit sensitive to the fact that they are indeed black.

ah thanks for ironing that out for me, I didn't realise if he'd been talking to the other white players he would've been calling them ******* white ****

It all becomes clear now.

Hes been found not guilty by a court a very big difference to being innocent

Being found not guilty by a court is, by definition, being innocent. That is what a not guilty verdict means.

If you are not convicted in a court of law, you are entirely, completely, 100% innocent and nobody has any right to claim otherwise.

The use of the word back is racist-its like me calling a stupid fat man.You may be both fat and stupid but by describing you as such is being hurtful,though possibly accurate.

I'll have a stab at what I think you're meaning there.

The descriptive FAT would be a global assertion if you will, it wouldn't be tagging his race, is there a race of fat people I don't know of?

The use of the word back is racist-its like me calling a stupid fat man.You may be both fat and stupid but by describing you as such is being hurtful,though possibly accurate.

I don't think there would be a criminal prosecution for calling someone fat.

As a society we are more racist than 10 years ago. This is even though there's all sorts of legislation and being a called racist could get you sent to prison, end your career or destroy a reputation.

So something is wrong with the whole situation and needs a rethink. Black people and the patronizing white Guardian readers can help, by not being so sensitive to every remark.

I don't think there would be a criminal prosecution for calling someone fat.

As a society we are more racist than 10 years ago. This is even though there's all sorts of legislation and being a called racist could get you sent to prison, end your career or destroy a reputation.

So something is wrong with the whole situation and needs a rethink. Black people and the patronizing white Guardian readers can help, by not being so sensitive to every remark.

You cannot be sent to prison if you are called a racist.You do not seem to grasp how the law operates.

ah thanks for ironing that out for me, I didn't realise if he'd been talking to the other white players he would've been calling them ******* white ****

It all becomes clear now.

But if the white person had ginger hair, was over weight or bald, no doubt their would have been some mention.

Calling a black person black, in whatever way, is not racist. Its a statement of fact.

But if the white person had ginger hair, was over weight or bald, no doubt their would have been some mention.

Calling a black person black, in whatever way, is not racist. Its a statement of fact.

It depends on the context,and there are no such things as pure facts-a fact in a given context becomes subjective and value laden.

It being a true statement does not prove that it's not a racist one. Calling someone a "useless black sod" is a racist comment unless you would call someone a "useless white sod" in an identical situation.

I'm sure there are much worse racist things to say/do. It devalues true racism, is counter productive and has made black people seem a bit sensitive to the fact that they are indeed black.

I wonder how 'sensitive' you might be to someone aggressively calling your mother a "fu***** wh*** cu**"?

Do you think it would be counter productive having a law against that to prevent there being a breach of the peace at least?

Archived