Why are the media reporting John Terry as guilty?

"Racial points", what does that mean? Anyone can make a complaint about any kind of anti-social behaviour and often it happens. If I saw someone being aggressively and verbally abused publicly for any reason I'd have no hesitation in doing so.

clearly somebody that had an "agenda" to score racial points even though the agrevied party had no intention of making a complaint! people that make complaints about things that dont concern them are stirring the problem for their own ends ! imo.

now if the same thing happend directly to camera or in a public place diliberatly so they were heard i would agree wholeheartedly, in this case no its between two grown individuals who were & are very capable of looking out for themselves.

the only reason this has been so high profile is because someone has made it so.....not the two involved.

"Racial points", what does that mean? Anyone can make a complaint about any kind of anti-social behaviour and often it happens. If I saw someone being aggressively and verbally abused publicly for any reason I'd have no hesitation in doing so.

The point is that you can lip read players abusing each other and officials in just about every televised game, but rarely do people feel the need to make a complaint, it has become part of the game, rightly or wrongly. Banning the general abuse that goes on would benefit everyone and not just those who are black etc .... however the law has made it more unnacceptable to abuse those of different ethnicity, hence we have this case going to court for 4/5 days ...... thats ridiculous IMHO !

"Racial points" are similar to the points you get for buying fuel. Instead of filling the car, you get them for reporting pretend or petty racist incidents. If you are good, you eventually get to trade them in for a set of glassware etc.

The point is that you can lip read players abusing each other and officials in just about every televised game, but rarely do people feel the need to make a complaint, it has become part of the game, rightly or wrongly. Banning the general abuse that goes on would benefit everyone and not just those who are black etc .... however the law has made it more unnacceptable to abuse those of different ethnicity, hence we have this case going to court for 4/5 days ...... thats ridiculous IMHO !

But we're not talking about 'general abuse' are we? I'm sure racial abuse has gone on for years in football, my god remember the racist chanting and bananas idiots used to throw at black footballers in the 70's and 80's? No doubt you'd dismiss that as just a bit of harmless fun?

Racial abuse is unacceptable whether the perpetrator is black or white, it makes no difference.

"Racial points" are similar to the points you get for buying fuel. Instead of filling the car, you get them for reporting pretend or petty racist incidents. If you are good, you eventually get to trade them in for a set of glassware etc.

Indeed AO, or a cuddly monkey toy ;)

now if the same thing happend directly to camera or in a public place diliberatly so they were heard i would agree wholeheartedly

The protagonists weren't playing for their village football teams, it was a televised Premiership football match, watched by thousands at the ground and probably millions at home. The standards of behaviour should be much higher in such circumstances.

Guest sibon

Had you, or I shouted at Hillsborough, what Terry shouted. We would have been ejected, arrested, charged and probably convicted.

Rightly so in my opinion. I've no desire to sit amongst the swill that I had to tolerate in the 70's and 80's.

Maybe it's his grandparents that should have had the abortions! What a shower. The pair of them.

That second link is marvellous! Laughing my socks off! Obviously the whole family is bonkers. From the link: JTs dad is flogging cocaine in the pub to an undercover reporter (who tells him "it's for his boss") and he actually says “Don’t tell him I’m John Terry’s dad.”

Why would you even mention something like that whilst selling drugs to someone you never met before?

Archived