Anyone know about working with IRATA rope access?

Hi!!

I'm thinking of doing the IRATA rope access course,but,I would like to know if someone has worked before with it.

Could anyone give me some information about if there is much work,if you have to go many times offshore,if it is well paid...

I ask all these things because only the first course costs 775 pounds.So,I would like to know if it is worth doing the course.

Thanks !!!

Noe.

Hi Noe,

Technicians working in Industrial Rope Access onshore and offshore worldwide can achieve a lucrative career, given the correct qualifications. The IRATA (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) Level 1 Rope Access ticket is the best place to start as it offers a truly global qualification which enables the technician to work anywhere.

Work can be either onshore / offshore of both! It all depends on what other skills you have top bring to the table - It’s a bit like getting the bus to work though so technicians will need other skills and qualifications to compliment their Rope Access qualifications.

Types of work carried out using Rope Access are varied (the list is almost endless!) – common ones include:

- Geotechnical work

- Window cleaning

- Welding

- Painting and blasting

- NDT (Non Destructive Testing)

- Mechanical repairs

- Pipework

Pay rates vary widely, all depending on what your other skills are so it's a little difficult to provide accurate details without actually knowing what sort of background you have.

We’ve been providing free information on all aspects of Rope Access since 1997 (see the link in my signature below) - Check it out for further information, jobs, training and companies who offer this work.

Archived