Bike ride from bakewell to monsal?

hi im thinking of parking the car at bakewell and riding my bike towards monsal head has anyone on here done this , is it flat , are there any tunnels , and whats beyond monsal , ive not been on my bike for 2 years and just wanted an easy start if you know what i mean.:hihi:

hi im thinking of parking the car at bakewell and riding my bike towards monsal head has anyone on here done this , is it flat , are there any tunnels , and whats beyond monsal , ive not been on my bike for 2 years and just wanted an easy start if you know what i mean.:hihi:

You can do this with two wheels and both eyes open,and even have change from 50 pence.

Guest sibon
Hi Jamesy

Recommend you try this during the week. The trail is very busy at weekends and unfortunately many folks on the trail are oblivious to cyclists, especially in the tunnels.

As far as I know, the cyclists are supposed to be aware of the pedestrians, not the other way round.

As far as I know, the cyclists are supposed to be aware of the pedestrians, not the other way round.

Nothing Runningman said indicates they think cyclists shouldn't be aware of pedestrians.

Is there any reason they both shouldn't be aware of each other?

Guest sibon
Nothing Runningman said indicates they think cyclists shouldn't be aware of pedestrians.

Is there any reason they both shouldn't be aware of each other?

The Highway Code section 62 is pretty clear.

Guest sibon
It is indeed - which bit of Runningman's post do you think contradicts it?

The section is very clear. If you are riding a bike, you have a responsibility to the more vulnerable road/path user. Therefore you give way to pedestrians.

As I said, the HC is perfectly clear.

Does the Highway Code apply on something that isn't a highway though?

I rather presumed he was on about people who walk strung out across the trail so no-one else can get past and kids that run out in front of you at random really.

Archived