I have just sponsored Jakey with Dogs Trust

denlin

Has anybody sponsored a dog through Dogs Trust? I have just agreed to do this as I still can't bring myself to have another dog since I lost my sweet dog after 16 years. The pain was awful and I don't know if I can go through it again. I have sponsored Jakey who is a Springer spaniel and has been in kennels in Ilfracombe since he was 10 months old in 2004.

My dog "two dogs ago" was a dogs trust rescue, back in 1985, when it was still the Canine defence league.

It's lovely that you have given a home to a dog in need.

I sponsor two dogs with DT, Patch (Apache) and Digby, who cannot be rehomed but have a forever home with DT.

That's a nice thing to do :) (eight years in kennels? :shocked: the mind boggles)

Have you considered being the short term home for an assistance dog in training Denlin? Support Dogs are trained in Sheffield, and they're looking for both puppy walkers and evening and weekend boarding for their dogs in training (who spend their weekdays in the training centre)

Archived