How soon is to soon to move in?

My son has just moved in with a 50 year old woman he has known a month who he works at same place as. He is 35 and left his partner and child to live with her after he spent the night over at hers and his girlfriend found out. The woman was till then in a relationship with a turkish man who lives in Turkey.

The two of them seem infatuated and very very happy having his son stay over at the weekend but I cannot stop over anylzing the situation as I am worried and just cannot understand. I know Jeremy Kyle talks about mens genitals taking over their thinking but he says he loves her.

His ex is adamant she does not want him back to be a family again.

Fortunately, it sounds like his ex is still happy for him to see his son even though she does not want him back. The welfare of the child is the most important issue here so if he seems ok, then I shouldn't worry.

Your son's an adult, stop worrying and let him get on with it. If it all goes pear-shaped, then ditto.

so what are you over analyzing?

our children are a reflection of ourselves, so if he's done the dirty on his partner and child, that reflects badly on you?

There's a damned good chance this is all going to go awry, as the kind of man who leaves for another woman... is the kind of man who leaves for another woman - so the woman he's with now is never going to trust him

All you can do is sit it out, and don't get involved in any emotional damage anybody tries to do to the poor kid in all this

Thankyou for your replies, I am an older mum with old fashioned values and think that yes I am thinking of how this reflects on me and obviously in my day you worked at a marriage for the sake of the children.

On another note I dont remember becoming a raging hormonal haridan when I had my menopause.

I would try to cast aside how this reflects on you. Nobody will be considering how YOU look - only them.....and even then, it's none of their business.

It SOUNDS like he has just got swept up and carried away. You see this so often, one partner going off on an intense love affair. More often than not, they come crawling back, or try to, at least. I don't blame the girl for not wanting to try again, I couldn't. Once that trust is gone, it's gone.

However, I can't tarnish your son with the 'men who leave for another woman' type.

This is life. Not everyone stays together forever. Things end. But, 'love', after a month. Sounds more like infatuation to me. I would just let them be, let things simmer, and see what happens. Leaving his family to move in with another woman who he has only known for a month, though, is very impulsive, and very ill-considered, particuarly when it comes to his child. A month is no time at all, and, if he doesn't decide to remain with his new flame, then a LOT of damage has been done based upon a quick lustful reflex action.

is she rich ?

He wont be by C.S.A. has fiinished with him. Deserves every thing he gets heard about a bit on the side the lad is an idiot . He will be wanting to come back after a couple of months. Feel sorry for his parents hope daughter in law lets them see grand child . His parents should disown him and help daughter in law.

Thankyou for your replies, I am an older mum with old fashioned values and think that yes I am thinking of how this reflects on me and obviously in my day you worked at a marriage for the sake of the children.

On another note I dont remember becoming a raging hormonal haridan when I had my menopause.

Get you're spare room ready, he'll be back home to mum soon.:hihi:

Archived