Mod clothes for women

Wish I'd still got those I had in 1964/5, they'd probably be worth a fortune as would the Afghan coat I had in 1968. The only thing I kept was a handbag my grandma bought me when I was 13. Mind you I wouldn't get into any of them anyway:hihi::hihi::hihi: as I was a size 8-10 then:roll::roll:

I'm too young to have been there, so to speak, but I thought that's what Mods wore...

Only that post punk rubbish propagated from the Quadrophenia movie. I've only ever seen one photograph of an original Mod wearing a parka.

I'm too young to have been there, so to speak, but I thought that's what Mods wore...
The scooter boys wore parkas, but for going out purposes, shiny tonic mohair suits with 14"-16" back seam vents, narrow trousers, thin lapels, button down shirt collars, skinny ties, chukka boots in either suede or leather, leather jackets/coats. Hairstyles, think Smallfaces, Paul Weller, Rod Stewart.

All very smart! Clothes were our life. :)

ETA: Just googled Mod Face, and got this site, looks interesting ... http://www.themodgeneration.co.uk/2009/06/rob-london-mod.html

Firstly an m65 fish tale parka but they retail on eBay for about £100 for a very used one.

Now I have a quick and easy "fix" to get a cheap as chips m65.

Buy the m65 (£10 ebay) snow camo parka ( exact same cut as the green parka ) which has attached hood and made of 100% white cotton twill. Get yourself some green dye shade OD 107 , bobs your uncle cheap parka !

Archived