I hate being unable to sleep on planes

in economy anyway"

It was hard enough in my 20s doing that but now in my "grey period "it's just a killer.

Tried drugs (legal, over the counter and valium), booze, herbal sleep remedies, not sleeping for a day before leaving that was a mistake:gag:) and nothing works.

I can not sleep sitting in economy on a plane.

I"ve got a 27 hr flight coming up , so as

Anyone got any other remedies that maybe worked for them after not being able to sleep?

in economy anyway"

It was hard enough in my 20s doing that but now in my "grey period "it's just a killer.

Tried drugs (legal, over the counter and valium), booze, herbal sleep remedies, not sleeping for a day before leaving that was a mistake:gag:) and nothing works.

Anyone got any other remedies that maybe worked for them after not being able to sleep?

27 hour flight, not a direct flight is it ?

in economy anyway"

Bite the bullet and go 1st class?

If it's that bad then:

A. If it's a holiday, go somewhere closer ?

B. If you are flying to see relatives and it's not life and death, split it up. I'm no expert on flight costs so don't know if this is an option certainly if you chuck hotels in.

C. If it's work related, lean on the boss for business class or offer to top it up if you want to.

D. Stay awake. Plan stuff for the duration and hammer the coffee, pro plus etc (unless you have a dicky ticker then it's best not to.

Archived