I hate being unable to sleep on planes

But will they actually do that though? They don't sell sleeping tablets in airports because they don't want people to be completely gone with the wind should you need to evacuate the plane for one reason or another.

They don't sell sleeping tablets in the airport because they are prescription only :) Unless you mean the herbal ones that really aren't effective.

Doctor would probably prescribe diazepam rather than tamazepam .. Lack of sleep won't kill you so they won't take the risk.

There is no way I could do a 27 hour flight due to pain .. 3 hours to Greece about kills me and I have to use a wheelchair.

Try downloading some of Andrew Johnson's relaxation apps ... I was a cynic, but they worked for me.

I can't even sit on a long haul flight, I get terrible backache, and obviously that's not conducive to sleeping. I once spent the entire flight from Chicago to Gatwick sat in the galley on a tin box! It was more comfortable than those cramped seats. The bonus was that it was rather nice company there!

I've been prescribed both Tamazepam and Diazepam over the years to cope with 'flight anxiety'.. to be perfectly honest, both did the trick.. in fact I'd say diazepam was more effective for me.

Either way, yeah they can really induce sleep, but not so much that you're unrousable...

If you think flying in modern economy class is bad... you've seen nothing until you've tried a RAF 'Airways' C-130 :hihi:

I did the opposite of what everyone else tries and it worked relatively well. I slept as much as possible before leaving for the plane. I got one of those travel pillows and tried to sleep for the entire plane journey with various films on. In all I dozed for 24 hours of travel plus about half a nights sleep before I left and when I arrived I just about felt normal until early evening (we arrived at about 2pm).

I HATE flying, I haaaaaaate it!:rant:

Archived