PPI mobile phone scam?

I have just received a message on my mobile telephone from a number I dont recognise (07513606313) telling me to reply to this message immediately as there is £2167.67 waiting for me in PPI refunds.

Obviously not going to reply! Has anyone else had this?

You can get some too that say "text STOP" to 077.......... if you do not wish to receive further texts.

DON'T, I repeat don't do this. All this tells them, is that they have reached an 'active' phone number, and it will get worse!

When you get them simply delete them!

Don't respond to them, forward them to the spam reporting service for your service provider, if enough people complain then these spamming so and so's will be shut down.

Shortcodes for service providers are

O2 - 7726

T-Mobile - 7726

Vodaphone - 87726

Three - 37726

Orange - 7726

It also helps if you don't post your mobile number on line, also you shouldn't report services you have actually subscribed to.

Once you've forwarded the message you can delete it

I have just received a message on my mobile telephone from a number I dont recognise (07513606313) telling me to reply to this message immediately as there is £2167.67 waiting for me in PPI refunds.

Obviously not going to reply! Has anyone else had this?

I got exactly the same text on sunday evening at 6pm. Same amount of cash too!!

I get these too. And it's odd because I've never had PPI. And even if I had PPI, I've been an employee of the bank for long enough to know how it works, so I'd have a hard job proving it was 'mis-sold'. And even if I was due a refund, how would some random firm know to the penny how much I was due, when even the bank themselves don't know as they have to calculate it and the amount due depends on the exact date they settle the complaint?

The sad thing is some people will fall for it and end up paying this company a fortune when either they have no valid complaint, or could make that complaint themselves at no cost.

Archived