Should Rio Ferdinand be charged with racism?

Apart from that he admitted saying it?

He said it because he thought Anton had said "Did you call me a f****** black c***" to which Terry replied "F****** black c***?" N**head".

And that's fine to me, he was just questioning what he thought Anton had accused him of saying. It's not racist.

Why are people throwing the term racist around these days, a racist is somebody who hates people based on the colour of their skin and this is being forgotten.

I agree with you. My point was that Terry maintained that he never mentioned the words in anger, they were used as a sarcastic retort. As I said earlier, to this not a shred of evidence exist that can contradict his explanation.

No you implied it.

JackLakeland said it and I questioned it. I made no implication in the slightest.

Secondly, I understood it to be an hypothetical insult and not the actual act of John Terry. Anyway, it's a side issue. I've got no desire to attack or defend John Terry. I couldn't care less.

My aim is to find out why Ferdinand should face a trial.

Not Ferdinand but the person who tweeted it in the first place? Ferdinand just agreed with him.

Anyway, if Evans trial was moved over to Football discussions, shouldn't this be over there as well? As we're only discussing it because it's a couple of footballers.

JackLakeland said it and I questioned it. I made no implication in the slightest.

Secondly, I understood it to be an hypothetical insult and not the actual act of John Terry. Anyway, it's a side issue. I've got no desire to attack or defend John Terry. I couldn't care less.

Sorry if it's been a misunderstanding.

Inciting racial hatred. Rio is openly stating that somebody calling Ashley Cole a "choc ice" is funny.

"Choc Ice" is a derogatory term for a black person who displays behaviours of a white person (black on the outside, white on the inside). Inferring that displaying characteristics of a white man is somehow inferior.

Guilty as charged!

If calling someone a choc ice is wrong, which is your assertion, then agreeing that someone is a choc ice is also wrong.

The point I was making is that Ferdinand never actually used the term against anyone himself. It's a different 'wrong'.

Yes. I'm saying he didn't actually call anyone a racist term himself.

I can't answer that question properly because it's non-sensical. Firstly I doubt all BNP supporters avoid making racist comments themselves, and secondly supporting racist comments is wrong in itself.

Nonsensical?

You should make your mind up old lad.

One rule for one, one rule for another?

Inciting racial hatred. Rio is openly stating that somebody calling Ashley Cole a "choc ice" is funny.

"Choc Ice" is a derogatory term for a black person who displays behaviours of a white person (black on the outside, white on the inside). Inferring that displaying characteristics of a white man is somehow inferior.

Guilty as charged!

He knows full well, he's just trolling for the sake of it.......

As usual.

I don't think finding something amusing is a crime. If it is inciting racial hatred then the original twittererer is guilty, and not Rio Ferdinand.

"Choc Ice" is a derogatory term for a black person who displays behaviours of a white person

I've not disputed that. It's a monumentally stupid thing to say.

Nonsensical?

You should make your mind up old lad.

I have. Laughing at someone else's comment isn't enough of a crime to get Ferdinand in court, as much as you wish it was.

Archived