How to use a Tumble dryer?

The wetter they are, the more electricity it's going to use to dry them.

I'm using common sense alone here. We put our clothes to hang in the house and avoid using the tumble dryer unless we need something within the next half an hour.

Can go in straight from the washer, but don't overfill it, the less you put in, the quicker it dries. I had a washer drier, it had a 7kg wash load, but only 3.5kg dry load, so I had to remove half of the washing or it didn't dry. Note the capacity compared to the washer x

As others said, make sure you have spun the laundry well, that you're putting into the dryer. the better they're spun, the more water has been driven out before the tumble dryer gets to work.

There's no point putting the stuff in from "sodden" as it'll take forever to dry, and cost you an arm and a leg and your first-born child, in electricity.

This may sound a silly question, but ive just bought a dryer, do i put clothes in from wet or just damp or just finish them off?

Ive been told they can be quite expensive if not used properly..:huh:

Thanks!

Condenser dryers take longer than the ones with an outlet pipe too.

What kind have you bought?

Condenser dryers take longer than the ones with an outlet pipe too.

What kind have you bought?

Oh dear, we've got a condenser dryer, we did this because we were told the pipe has to go out the window and we have no room near a window...:roll:

Thanks for the info folks, i do have a better idea now..:)

Oh dear, we've got a condenser dryer, we did this because we were told the pipe has to go out the window and we have no room near a window...:roll:

Thanks for the info folks, i do have a better idea now..:)

Dont worry, condensers are fine just not quite as efficient as the outlet kind.

Yeah condensers take longer but not much, its just because the steam is kept inside the machine I think. As a guide, I find a bedding set if spun well will be dry in about 30 mins, a load of mixed washing might take an hour. Things come out lovely and soft and hold their freshly washed smell really well though, as well as the smell of fabric softner seeming to come out much stronger.

Archived