Does sweeping up still exist?

I do sweep up occasionally, our next door neighbour however has "pristine" down to a very fine OCD art....hoovers 4 times a day, at set times, and when she has mowed the front lawn , goes out with scissors to make the edges and top even and level.........weird.:roll:

I do sweep up occasionally, our next door neighbour however has "pristine" down to a very fine OCD art....hoovers 4 times a day, at set times, and when she has mowed the front lawn , goes out with scissors to make the edges and top even and level.........weird.:roll:

Wanna borrow my sniper rifle ??? :hihi::hihi:

Time, back in the day when dear mother used to sweep the drive, they stayed at home all day and did the housework. Now most households aren't lucky enough to be in a position whereby one member can afford to stay at home and look after the house.

Well, we're retired so there are two of us to look after the home and garden now. ;)

Even when we both worked it didn't stop us doing our best to keep our surroundings pleasant.

What about shopkeepers? In old TV shows you often see the shopkeeper sweeping the street outside his shop, but I've never ever seen that in real life.

The great Ronnie Barker, Arkright in Open all hours.:hihi:

Archived